Rochester Kicks off Divisional Weekend Tonight against Georgia
It's a pivotal weekend for the Rochester Knighthawks, as the K-Hawks will play two East Division games in two nights as they try to make a push toward the playoffs. The Knighthawks will host the Georgia Swarm tonight, and will then travel north of the border to battle the Toronto Rock on Saturday night.
It will be a festive atmosphere as Rochester hosts Georgia on Irish Night. Happy Hour starts at 6:30 p.m. with live music from local Irish band 1916. Fans can purchase the Irish Night Pack for $15, which includes two happy hour beer vouchers and a ticket in the 200-end seating area. You can add an Irish Night T-shirt for $10. For more information, call or text the Knighthawks at (585) 454-4295.
Broadcast Info: Both games will be broadcast on 107.3 The Bull and the iHeartRadio app. Fans can watch the contest on B/R Live. Tonight's game will air Saturday at 7:00 p.m. on CW Rochester. The game will be available on cable channels 16 and 1016, and over-the-air at 13.2. DIRECTV will also carry the broadcast on channel 14.
Head-to-Head: Tonight, the Rochester Knighthawks and Georgia Swarm will wrap up their three-game regular-season series in Rochester. When these two teams last met, Georgia downed the Knighthawks 15-11 on March 2 at Harrah's Cherokee Casino Field at Infinite Energy Arena.
Scouting the Knighthawks: This evening, Rochester (2-8) will shoot for its third home win of the season. In their last game, the Knighthawks welcomed back defenseman Jake Withers, who dominated the game by winning 24 of 28 faceoffs and collecting 15 loose balls. In the March 2 game against the Swarm, the Knighthawks received a four-goal, five-point night from Pat Saunders. The Rochester forward now has eight goals and five assists in four games. Austin Shanks also posted a season-high five assists as part of a six-point outing. Angus Goodleaf made 31 saves, while Warren Hill stopped all eight shots he faced in a relief effort.
Player Moves: The Knighthawks were the biggest buyers and sellers prior to Monday's trade deadline. Newcomers to the lineup include prolific scorer Ryan Benesch, rising star Chris Boushy and young defenseman Rowan Kelly. As part of five deals, the Knighthawks acquired seven picks in exchange for Paul Dawson, Joe Resetarits, Ian Llord, Scott Campbell and Cory Vitarelli. The Knighthawks also signed defenseman Colton Armstrong, forwards Cameron Simpson, Mike Triolo and Dawson Theede, and activated defenseman Mike Manley. In related moves, Rochester moved forwards Austin Shanks, Stephen Keogh and Eric Fannell to the injured reserve list.
- Ryan Benesch is two games shy of 200 in his career.
- Mike Burke is one point away from 50 in his career.
Scouting the Swarm: Georgia enters the game on a two-game winning streak, following a 14-9 win over the Buffalo on Saturday. The Swarm improved to 9-2 and are now one game behind division-leading Buffalo. In the win in Buffalo, Jordan MacIntosh became the seventh player in NLL history to win 1,500 faceoffs. Shayne Jackson led the Swarm with six points (2-4), while Lyle Thompson and Randy Staats each had four. Poulin made 41 saves to give him 479 this season, which is second in the NLL. Georgia has two of the top weapons in the league in Thompson and Staats. Thompson is second in the league in goals (31) and tied for third in points (73), while Staats is tied for fourth in assists (44) and sixth in points (71).
Next Game: The Knighthawks will complete their two-game in two-night stretch on Saturday, March 16, when they battle the Toronto Rock at 7:00 p.m. at Scotiabank Arena. The contest is the first of two between the longtime East Division rivals. The game has playoff implications for both teams as the Rock are fighting for first place in the East Division, while the Knighthawks are in the hunt for the division's fourth and final postseason spot.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Georgia Swarm Sweep Knighthawks; Clinch Fourth-Straight Trip to the Postseason - Georgia Swarm
- NLL Named a Finalist for Cynopsis Sports Media Awards - NLL
- Black Wolves Head to Vancouver: 4 Things to Know - New England Black Wolves
- Knighthawks Sign Forward Mike Triolo - Rochester Knighthawks
- Game Preview | Warriors vs Black Wolves - Vancouver Warriors
- Playoff Mentality - Vancouver Warriors
- Rochester Kicks off Divisional Weekend Tonight against Georgia - Rochester Knighthawks
- Summary of Disciplinary Action - Week 13 - NLL
- Rush vs. Bandits Game Notes - Saskatchewan Rush
- Georgia Swarm Partner with Andy Stanley's North Point Ministries to Support Youth Mission Trips - Georgia Swarm
- Playoff Scenarios Week 14 - NLL
- St. Patty's Day Jersey Auction Announced - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- Knighthawks Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule, Roster
- Reid Agrees to One-Year Deal with Knighthawks
- Knighthawks Announce Time Change for February 9 Home Game against Vancouver
- Knighthawks, Rees Agree to Multi-Year Deal
- Caraglio's Pizza Named the Official Pizza of Blue Cros S Arena, Amerks and Knighthawks