Playoff Scenarios Week 14
March 15, 2019 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) News Release
Philadelphia, March 15, 2019 - The National Lacrosse League has released playoff clinching scenarios ahead of Week 14.
The Buffalo Bandits (10-3), Georgia Swarm (9-4), and Toronto Rock (7-3) can each clinch playoff berths this weekend. The Bandits will clinch with a win at Saskatchewan on Saturday or one Rochester loss either vs. Georgia on Friday or at Toronto on Saturday.
The Swarm will clinch with a win at Rochester on Friday or a Rochester loss at Toronto on Saturday.
The Rock will clinch with a win if the following occur: A Rock win vs. Rochester on Saturday, a Rochester loss vs. Georgia on Friday, a Philadelphia loss at San Diego on Saturday and a New England win at Vancouver on Saturday.
- Buffalo Bandits (10-3) can clinch postseason berth with a win against Saskatchewan or one Rochester loss
- Georgia Swarm (9-4) can clinch postseason berth with a win against Rochester or a Rochester loss vs. Toronto
- Toronto Rock (7-3) can clinch postseason berth with a win against Rochester and a Rochester loss vs. Georgia and a Philadelphia loss vs. San Diego and a New England win vs. Vancouver
The 2018-2019 NLL regular season concludes in Week 20 before the NLL Playoffs start the weekend of May 3-5.
A total of eight NLL teams, the top four clubs in each division's standings, will qualify for the playoffs. The East and West Division winners will be seeded #1 within their respective divisions and play the #4 seed, while the #2 and #3 seeds play each other in the first round, with the higher seed hosting round 1.
The two first round winners from each division will face off in the Division Finals in a one game series, hosted by the highest remaining seed. The East and West Division winners will then play a best two-of-three game series in the NLL Finals. The highest remaining seed will host games one and three, if necessary.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Georgia Swarm Sweep Knighthawks; Clinch Fourth-Straight Trip to the Postseason - Georgia Swarm
- NLL Named a Finalist for Cynopsis Sports Media Awards - NLL
- Black Wolves Head to Vancouver: 4 Things to Know - New England Black Wolves
- Knighthawks Sign Forward Mike Triolo - Rochester Knighthawks
- Game Preview | Warriors vs Black Wolves - Vancouver Warriors
- Playoff Mentality - Vancouver Warriors
- Rochester Kicks off Divisional Weekend Tonight against Georgia - Rochester Knighthawks
- Summary of Disciplinary Action - Week 13 - NLL
- Rush vs. Bandits Game Notes - Saskatchewan Rush
- Georgia Swarm Partner with Andy Stanley's North Point Ministries to Support Youth Mission Trips - Georgia Swarm
- Playoff Scenarios Week 14 - NLL
- St. Patty's Day Jersey Auction Announced - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.