Riverhawks add three
Davenport, IA- Quad City Riverhawks Head Coach LaTroy Farrow is proud to announce the addition of PF John Jackson, SG/SF Quinnel Brown and PG Chauncey Jones. All three have joined the team for practice in preparations for this week's games on the road against Reading and Rockford and at home against Arkansas. "These three additions give us more depth and experience to our bench, they bring mental toughness and knowledge to the game," commented Coach Farrow on the signings.
6'8, 230lbs PF John Jackson has signed with the Quad City Riverhawks. Jackson is a nine year pro basketball veteran from Ole Miss. The Waukegan, IL native played last season for teams in the Dominican Republic and Venezuela. Prior to 2007 Jackson had two stints with the CBA Rockford Lightning (2002-03, 05-06) and the World Famous Harlem Globetrotters (2004-05). John also played in Australia (2003-04) and with the Columbus Riverdragons during the NBA Developmental League's inaugural season in 2001.
Also signing with the Riverhawks is Quinnel Brown. The 6'5, 210 SG/SF played college ball at Auburn where he was voted the team's defensive player of the year in 2004. Prior to enrolling at Auburn, Brown played at Wabash Valley College. He was a Great Rivers Athletic Conference All-Conference performer in 2003. Quinnel spent the
2005-06 season playing oversees in Sweden before joining the ABA Detroit Panthers last season.
PG Chauncey Jones is the third player in the trio of recently signed players. Chauncey began his professional career with the CBA Rockford Lightning during the 2003-04 season. After playing for Rockford, Jones joined the ABA Jersey Squires (03-04). Following a three year sabbatical he rejoined the professional ranks during the summer of 2007 with the IBL Seattle Mountaineers. The 6'1 205 lbs. Chicago native played collegiate ball for the Crimson Tide of Alabama.
To make room on the roster, the Riverhawks released C Aaron Harrison, PG/SG Isaiah Johnson and PG Quinton Gibson. Following an eleven-day break, Quad City returns to the hardwood this Thursday for a 6:35 PM (est.) contest against the Reading Railers in Reading, PA. Two days later the Riverhawks make their second trip to Rockford to take on the Rockford Fury. On their first trip to Seaver Gym, Quad City downed the Fury 133-105. On Sunday, February 10th the Riverhawks welcome the Arkansas Impact to Wharton Field House. Tip off is at 4:00 PM.
Other News and Notes:
- Quad City Riverhawks General Manager Eric Hutchins is proud to announce that the Riverhawks will be making appearances at the Martin Luther King Center's Club Teen room. This Wednesday, February 6th, Riverhawk players Bobby Anderson and Tihon Johnson will be appearing from 4:30-6:30 PM. Riverhawks players will be appearing at the Martin Luther King Center every Wednesday afternoon for the remainder of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from February 4, 2008
- Premier Basketball League Announces Fast Break Internet Radio Program - PBL
- Riverhawks add three - Quad City Riverhawks
- Premier Basketball League Takes Over Operations In Jacksonville - PBL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.