RiverDogs, Blackbaud Throw a Bone to Local Nonprofits Through 'Dogs with a Cause'
CHARLESTON, SC - Charleston RiverDogs President and General Manager, Dave Echols, in conjunction with Blackbaud, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLKB) has announced a joint effort to reinstate "Dogs with a Cause" at Joseph P. Riley Park (the Joe) for the 2016 season.
Returning for another successful season, and for the first time in association with Blackbaud, "Dogs with a Cause" will highlight different local nonprofits each week as Charleston fans take in all the baseball action at the Joe this year.
In addition to Blackbaud's involvement with the "Dogs with a Cause" initiative, the local software and services leader for the global philanthropic community company will also team up with the RiverDogs front office staff to help organize volunteer days, as well as take part in various FUNraisers at the Joe this season.
"We're proud to continue our long standing partnership with Blackbaud as we give local nonprofits the spotlight at the Joe and highlight some of the great ways each of these organizations give back to the greater Charleston area," said Echols.
"At Blackbaud, we believe the world would be a better place if good took over. By partnering with the Charleston RiverDogs on its 'Dogs with a Cause' initiative and volunteer service activities, we are able to support the great work nonprofit organizations and the RiverDogs are doing in our community," said Rachel Hutchisson, Blackbaud's vice present of Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy.
Just as the RiverDogs begin their second series of the season against Asheville, the first "Dogs with a Cause" night will take place on April 11 and continue throughout the remaining season every Monday, along with select Wednesday dates.
The RiverDogs, the Class A affiliate of the New York Yankees, begin their season, the 20th in their history at Joseph P. Riley Park, on April 7 with a seven-game homestand that features the in-state rival Columbia Fireflies (April 7-10) and the Asheville Tourists (April 11-13). Ticket information may be secured by contact the box office at 843/577-DOGS (3647) or online at www.riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from January 27, 2016
- Columbia Fireflies Unveil Uniform Jerseys and Announce 2016 Coaching Staff - Columbia Fireflies
- Love is in the Air and Auggie Is Here to Help - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Open Caravan in Columbia Thursday - Lexington Legends
- RiverDogs, Blackbaud Throw a Bone to Local Nonprofits Through 'Dogs with a Cause' - Charleston RiverDogs
- Greenville Drive and Boston Red Sox Extend Player Development Contract - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- RiverDogs Recognized with South Atlantic League Club Merit Award
- Seeing Double, RiverDogs' Contreras and Torrealba Honored as SAL Pitcher & Player of the Week
- Contreras Dominates as Dogs Rout Drive in Fourth Straight Win
- RiverDogs Cancel Season Finale Amidst Hurricane Dorian Evacuation Order
- Relentless RiverDogs Crank 14 Hits to Down Drive