RiverDogs and Fireflies Postponed Saturday Night
COLUMBIA, S.C. - The RiverDogs and Columbia Fireflies' Saturday night contest was postponed on account of impending weather at Segra Park. The two clubs will finish off the series with a pair of seven-inning games starting on Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m.
The postponement marks just the third of the season for the RiverDogs and their first since a rain out on June 1 in Lexington. Charleston have been swept in both the doubleheaders they have played this season, also dropping both games of a twin bill on April 9 in Asheville this year. The Yankees' Class A club has not had a cancellation on the season yet.
Righties Alexander Vizcaino (4-4, 4.32), Saturday's originally scheduled starter, and Luis Gil (4-4, 2.25) will get the ball in each game of Sunday's twin bill in an order to be determined. Vizcaino will face the Fireflies for the second time this season after turning in seven shutout and allowing just a pair of hits on April 28 at The Joe against the Mets affiliate. Gil takes his turn on the mound for the first time since taking a no-hit bid through five innings before giving up four runs and being chased without recording an out in the sixth last Sunday in Greenville. Sunday will mark the 21-year-old right-hander's fifth outing against the Fireflies this year; Gil has allowed only three unearned runs while striking out 29 over 18 1/3 innings this year against Columbia.
Catch both games of the doubleheader on WTMA 1250 AM in the tri-county area as well as online streaming on the TuneIn Radio app. Fans can "Make Fun" with the RiverDogs all season long down at The Joe. Single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS). A full schedule and list of game times for the 2019 season is available at riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 13, 2019
- 'Birds K.O. 'Dads on Ferguson's Walkoff - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Power Outlasts Grasshoppers in 10-8 Slugfest - West Virginia Power
- Layer Leads Offense to 6-4 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Yield to Drive in Extra Innings Loss - Lexington Legends
- Augusta's Closer, Tona, Closes out Tourists Again - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Clinch Series Win over BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- Suns Blank Claws 2-0 on Saturday Night - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Escobar Makes MLB Debut with Pirates Saturday in Chicago - West Virginia Power
- RiverDogs and Fireflies Postponed Saturday Night - Charleston RiverDogs
- Saturday's Game against Charleston Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Columbia Fireflies
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 13 vs. Charleston (Game 89) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (July 13) - West Virginia Power
- Intimidators Outlast Braves 6-3 in Series Opener - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- Mark Your Calendars: RiverDogs Announce 2020 Promotion Schedule
- RiverDogs Announce New Front Office Hires
- RiverDogs Announce "Reading Around the Bases" and "Education Days" 2020
- RiverDogs Hire Jason Kempf as Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
- RiverDogs Introduce First Ever RiverDogs Youth Travel Baseball Team