River Bandits Announce 2021 Schedule
Davenport, Iowa- The Quad Cities River Bandits have released their 2021 regular season schedule. The team is slated to play a 120-game schedule, with 60 games at home and 60 on the road. The season opens on the road Tuesday, May 4, 2021, against the South Bend Cubs. The River Bandits home opener will be on Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 6:30pm CT against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. The final game of the season is also against the South Bend Cubs; they visit Davenport for the last game of the regular season on Sunday, September 19.
The scheduled start times in 2021 at Modern Woodmen Park will be 6:30pm CT for all weekday and Saturday games; Sunday games are scheduled for a 1:00pm CT start. The exceptions will be July 3 and July 4, which will be 6:00pm CT start times. All times and dates are subject to change.
A full promotional schedule will be released closer to the start of the season. Single game tickets will go on sale Monday, April 19, 2021. Anyone who purchased tickets or vouchers for games in 2020 can exchange those tickets at the River Bandits' box office for any game in 2021 (subject to availability) for a ticket of equal or lesser value once tickets go on sale.
"We're so excited to announce our 2021 schedule and bring professional affiliated baseball back to the Quad Cities," said Bandits owner Dave Heller. "Now that we've moved up a level, this will be the highest quality baseball ever played in the Quad Cities and we'll be doing it as an affiliate of the Kansas City Royals, who are widely recognized as having one of the top farm systems in all of baseball. It will have been 20 months since our last game and it's way past time for River Bandits baseball. I can't wait to welcome everyone back to Modern Woodmen Park for the first pitch."
The home opponents for the River Bandits in 2021 (in order by date at Modern Woodmen Park):
Cedar Rapids Kernels (6 games; May 11-16)
Beloit Snappers (6 games; June 1-6)
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (6 games; June 15-20)
Cedar Rapids Kernels (6 games; June 29-July 4)
Peoria Chiefs (6 games; July 20-25)
South Bend Cubs (6 games; July 27-August 1)
Beloit Snappers (6 games; August 10-15)
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (6 games; August 24-29)
Peoria Chiefs (6 games; September 7-12)
South Bend Cubs (6 games; September 14-19)
The River Bandits play in the new High-A Central, which consists of an East and West Division.
Teams in the West Division are: Teams in the East Division are:
Quad Cities River Bandits (Kansas City Royals) Dayton Dragons (Cincinnati Reds)
Beloit Snappers (Miami Marlins) Fort Wayne Tin Caps (San Diego Padres)
Cedar Rapids Kernels (Minnesota Twins) Great Lakes Loons (Los Angeles Dodgers)
Peoria Chiefs (St. Louis Cardinals) Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians)
South Bend Cubs (Chicago Cubs) Lansing Lugnuts (Oakland Athletics)
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Milwaukee Brewers) West Michigan Whitecaps (Detroit Tigers)
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Dragons Announce 2021 Schedule, Includes 120 Games - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Announce 2021 Schedule - Peoria Chiefs
- Timber Rattlers Announce 2021 Schedule and Invite You to "Come Back Home" - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 2021 Schedule Announced - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps 2021 Schedule Announced by MLB - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Announce 2021 Schedule - Quad Cities River Bandits
- South Bend Cubs Announce 2021 Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- MLB Releases West Michigan Whitecaps 2021 Baseball Schedule - West Michigan Whitecaps
- 2021 Kernels Schedule Released - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons 2021 Schedule Finalized - Great Lakes Loons
- Lugnuts Release 2021 Schedule - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains 2021 Schedule Announced - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.