Riptide drop first game to Bandits 2-1
Elgin, Ill August 8th - For the second time in two weeks the New England Riptide were unable to figure out Kristina Thorson (9-5) as they dropped the first game of the four game series with the Bandits 2-1. Thorson had beat the Riptide last week by a score of 2-0. The Riptide had chances getting runners to third on three occasions but could not come up with the timely hit until KJ Kelley blasted a one out homerun in the seventh. Erica Beach (2-6) was the tough luck loser for the Riptide giving up two runs in the first and shutting down the Bandits thereafter. Thorson gave up five hits, struck out eight and walked none.
The Bandits started strong against Beach, taking a 2-0 lead in the first. Stacy May continued her success against Riptide pitching opening with a single to right. Beach then got Kristi Fox on a fly ball and struck out Rachel Folden, however, back to back doubles by Jaime Clark and Nicole Timboli gave the Bandits the lead and ending the scoring until Kelley's second homerun of the year in the seventh.
The Riptide play three more with the Bandits They return home to Martin Softball Field on August 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th to wrap up the regular season against the first place Washington Glory.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from August 8, 2008
- Force win on wild pitch - Philadelphia Force
- Thorson, Trimboli lead Bandits to 2-1 win over New England Riptide - Chicago Bandits
- Pauly Bests Tincher, Glory Make Playoffs - Washington Glory
- Riptide drop first game to Bandits 2-1 - New England Riptide
- Washington Glory Host Tincher's Racers In Home Finale - Washington Glory
- New England Ties Series With 5-1 Win - New England Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.