Rhys Duch Named Overall Player Of The Week
April 13, 2011 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) News Release
Washington Stealth forward Rhys Duch was named the National Lacrosse League Overall Player of the Week for games played on the weekend of April 8th - 10 th, Week #14 of the regular season.
In a game against the Minnesota Swarm that could ultimately determine home field for their first round playoff game, Duch scored 5 goals and 5 assists for 10 points in a 16-15 overtime win. Duch assisted on the game tying goal with 20 seconds left in regulation, and capped off the night by scoring the game-winning goal in overtime. Duch also collected 12 loose balls in a win that puts the Stealth in control of their own destiny for second place in the Western Division.
Dan Dawson wins the Offensive Player of the Week Award. In a game that was crucial to Boston's playoff chances, the Blazers forward scored 5 goals and assisted on 2 others in a 9-7 playoff clinching win over Philadelphia.
Buffalo Bandits goaltender Mike Thompson won the Defensive Player of the Week honors. In two road wins that moved the Bandits into first place in the Eastern Division, Thompson made 36 saves on 44 shots faced in an 11-8 win Friday at Toronto. He followed that effort with a 41-save performance in a 9-8 win at Rochester on Saturday.
Tom Montour of the Buffalo Bandits is the Transition Player of the Week. In two wins that moved the Bandits into first place, Montour picked up nine loose balls and created two forced turnovers in an 11-8 win at Toronto on Friday. On Saturday at Rochester, he scored a shorthanded goal, picked up six loose balls and forced two turnovers in a 9-8 win.
Rochester Knighthawks forward Cody Jamieson wins Rookie of the Week honors. In two games played, Jamieson registered 7 points on three goals and four assists. Jamieson scored two goals and two assists and collected 6 loose balls in a 10-6 road victory over Philadelphia on Sunday. He scored one goal and two assists and picked up four loose balls in a 9-8 home loss to Buffalo on Saturday.
The NLL Weekly Awards are decided by a vote of the league's Head Coaches and General Managers.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 13, 2011
- Dawson Recognized as Offensive Player of the Week - Boston Blazers
- Vote for the Reebok High School Player of the Year - NLL
- Wings Close 2011 Season at Swarm this Saturday - Philadelphia Wings
- Bandits Ready to 'Pack the House, Part II' Against the Knighthawks - Buffalo Bandits
- Washington Stealth's Duch Named NLL Player of the Week - Washington Stealth
- Thompson and Montour Earn NLL Recognition - Buffalo Bandits
- Knighthawks' Jamieson Gets a 'High Five' from NLL - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rhys Duch Named Overall Player Of The Week - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.