Rhamel Brown Propels Hurricanes to Game 2 Win in Halifax
All season long Rhamel Brown has been a key part of the Hurricanes winning ways. It may not always show up on the stat-sheet, but it did tonight as his dominance propelled the Hurricanes to a 100-91 victory against the London Lightning in Game 2 of the National Basketball League of Canada Finals.
Brown's paint dominance set an NBL Canada Finals record with six blocks. He added to that with nine rebounds and 18 points on eight of 13 shooting.
It was a tightly contested game from the start, with the teams tied at halftime. The Hurricanes defensive effort limited the London team to less than 40 per cent shooting and scored well in transition of Lightning misses and turnovers.
Tyrone Watson and Billy white led the Hurricanes in scoring with 21 points apiece. Antoine Mason contributed 14 points to the win as well.
The Hurricanes now lead the championship series 2-0 as the series shifts to London. The series now shifts to London for Game 3 on Thursday and Game 4 on Saturday, both starting at 8 p.m. Atlantic. If necessary, Game 5 will be played on Monday in London.
Follow the Halifax Hurricanes on Facebook and Twitter or check our website to get details on watching the Hurricanes live on the road.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes forward Tyrone Watson vs. the London Lightning in Game 2
Halifax Hurricanes guard Antoine Mason vs. the London Lightning in Game 2
Halifax Hurricanes centre Rhamel Brown vs. the London Lightning in Game 2
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from May 8, 2018
- Lightning Leave Halifax Empty Handed - London Lightning
- Rhamel Brown Propels Hurricanes to Game 2 Win in Halifax - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals