RGV FC Hosts Timbers 2 for Last Game of the 2019 Season
EDINBURG, Texas - Rio Grande Valley FC (10-15-8, 38 pts.) will host Portland Timbers 2 (10-15-8, 38 pts.) on Saturday, October 18 at H-E-B Park for the last matchup of the 2019 USL Championship season. Kickoff is set at 7:30 P.M. CST on ESPN+ and Somos El Valle 5.2.
As the Toros wrap up the season with a positive note, the squad are looking to earn the last win of the year against the Timbers 2. Last time both teams confronted each other was earlier this season at Portland where the Toros defeated the Timbers 2-1 earning their first road win of 2019.
Unfortunately, both teams have been eliminated from playoff contention. Portland has scored 64 goals and conceded 69 with two clean sheets. From the 64 goals scored, 52 of them have been scored inside the box. Something that the Toros defensive line and goalkeeper need to look out for and not lose their marks.
One player to look out for is Dairon Asprilla as he has appeared in nine matches, scoring nine goals in total thus far. Eryk Williamson has totaled nine assists this season along with 40 chances created, which can be crucial if left unmarked.
Goalkeeper Jake Leeker has totaled 55 saves in 16 appearances this season. He has also conceded 32 goals.
Aljaz Ivacic has totaled 40 saves in 12 appearances, conceding 26 goals. While Kendall McIntosh has totaled 24 saves in only five appearances and conceded 11 goals.
Meanwhile, the Toros have conceded 57 goals and have scored 48. RGV FC have also kept six clean sheets thus far. One key player that can be critical for the Timbers is Carlos Small who has totaled 11 goals.
Isidro Martinez has totaled eight assists along with 65 key passes. On the keeper side, Ben Willis has really stood out as he has totaled 14 saves in just three appearances adding one clean sheet under his belt.
RGV FC will be giving away prizes such as food vouchers, bobble heads, televisions and much more as part of the Trunk and Treat event and fan appreciation night.
Updates on the match will be provided via Twitter at @RGVFC or by following #SomosToros. To see more matchday information, visit www.rgvfc.com .
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 17, 2019
- Preview: Nashville SC Closes out Regular Season with Match against Atlanta United 2 at First Tennessee Park - Nashville SC
- Reno 1868 FC Travels to Tulsa to Close out 2019 Regular Season - Reno 1868 FC
- Match Preview at New Mexico - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina FC Hosts Saint Louis FC in Regular-Season Finale on Saturday as Club Honors Captain Austin Da Luz - North Carolina FC
- RGV FC Hosts Timbers 2 for Last Game of the 2019 Season - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- LouCity Heads to Memphis with 'Work to Do' - Louisville City FC
- RDA Announces Fall Experience Sessions - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Close out Historic 2019 Regular Season on High Note - Phoenix Rising FC
- Rowdies Can Earn Home Quarterfinal with Win Saturday - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Energy FC Play Final Match of 2019 Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- Final Match of 2019 Saturday - FC Tulsa
- Legion FC Rises to the Occasion to Knock off New York - Birmingham Legion FC
- Tacoma Defiance Stretches Unbeaten Streak to Four in 1-1 Road Draw - Tacoma Defiance
- Draw Sets up Must-Win Saturday - New Mexico United
- Real Monarchs SLC Split 2-2 Draw with Austin Bold FC - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- Kibato Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week
- Toros Fans Bring the Energy as RGV FC Defeat OKC 4-2 at Home
- Preview: RGV FC Hosts Breast Cancer Awareness Match on Saturday Night against the Energy
- Toros Earn First Win of the 2020 Season against the Bold
- RGV FC Hosts Austin Bold for a Midweek Match