Repcik Inks with Hurricanes
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Friday they have signed 2004-born forward Peter Repcik to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Repcik, 17, was selected in the second round (115th overall) in the 2021 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft by the Hurricanes. The Kosice, Slovakia product appeared in 27 games during 2020-2021 with Team Slovakia Under-18 team where he totaled 24 points (9g-15a) along with 20 penalty minutes. He also skated in three games with the Slovakia Under-20 team collecting two assists while registering five points (4g-1a) and two penalty minutes in three games internationally with Slovakia U-18.
"We're happy that we were able to get Repcik signed along with Klavdiev and add him to our forward group for next season," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt.
"We think Repcik has some skill and we hope that he will develop into a good player at the WHL level."
Repcik racked up 80 points (35g-45a) with 34 penalty minutes and a plus-43 rating in 2019-2020 with HC Kosice Under- 18 team in the Slovakia Under-18 league. He also had two goals in 13-games with the Slovakia Under-16 team in 2019- 2020.
The 6'0, 175-pound forward joins returners Logan McCutcheon, Reid MacKay and Easton Kovacs as the potential 2004-born age group for the Hurricanes for next season.
The Hurricanes open their 2021-2022 regular season schedule on Friday, October 1st when they host the Calgary Hitmen to the ENMAX Centre. Season Tickets for the 68-games season are now available by calling 403-328-1986.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 23, 2021
- Five WHL Players Selected in First Round of 2021 NHL Draft - WHL
- Wallstedt Becomes Highest Drafted Swedish Goaltender Ever, One of Two Winterhawks Prospects Taken Night One of the NHL Draft - Portland Winterhawks
- Lambos Selected by Wild 26th Overall in 2021 NHL Draft - Winnipeg Ice
- Giants Prospect Fabian Lysell Selected 21st Overall by the Boston Bruins - Vancouver Giants
- Sillinger Drafted by Blue Jackets in 1st Round - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings Sebastian Cossa Drafted 15th Overall by Detroit Red Wings - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Oil Kings Dylan Guenther Drafted Ninth Overall by Arizona Coyotes - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Seth Jones Traded to Chicago, Reunited with Brother Caleb - Portland Winterhawks
- NHL Draft Preview: Winterhawks Players and Prospects to be Selected - Portland Winterhawks
- The Stanley Cup Is Coming to Portland - Portland Winterhawks
- 2021 NHL Entry Draft: Who to Watch - Saskatoon Blades
- Repcik Inks with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- ICE Set for 2021 NHL Draft - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.