Rebel Forward Wins Player of the Week Honour
OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Rebel is proud to announce that veteran forward Jason Clark has been named Offensive Player of the Week and Overall Player of the Week by the National Lacrosse League.
Clark, a 28-year-old native of Peterborough, Ontario, scored six goals and added one assist to lead the Rebel to a 13-11 upset victory over the Colorado Mammoth, Jan. 11 at the Civic Centre in Ottawa. Clark also collected four loose balls and scored the game's winning goal.
The victory gave the Rebel its first winning streak in franchise history.
Clark shares the club lead with 10 goals and 16 points with Kevin Howard.
Pat Campbell and Chris Schiller of the Rochester Knighthawks were named Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week by the league.
Ottawa returns to action on Thursday, January 23 at the Civic Centre (Lansdowne Park) against the Toronto Rock. The game is a key matchup between Northern Division rivals in the National Lacrosse League. The game begins at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available by calling the Rebel administration office at (613) 231-5608 or in person at the Rebel office located at Lansdowne Park. The office is located on the second floor of the Ottawa Renegades / Ottawa Rebel administration building, between the south grandstand of Frank Clair Stadium and Bank Street.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 15, 2003
- Banister Addresses the Media - Calgary Roughnecks
- Chris Schiller and Pat Campbell honored after road win - Rochester Knighthawks
- Attack to Replay Saturday's Victory over Toronto - Albany Attack
- NLL Names Week's Best Players - NLL
- Rebel Forward Wins Player of the Week Honour - Ottawa Rebel
- Wings and Haverford School Hold Clinic for Special Needs Children - Philadelphia Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.