Rays Donate $45,570 to ECHL Player Relief Fund
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays announced Monday that the total proceeds raised from Stingrays fans through the game-worn jersey auction amounted to $15,190 and with Halloran's matching donation, the team will contribute $45,570. This total will be donated to the ECHL and Professional Hockey Player Association (PHPA) Player Relief Fund.
As announced by the ECHL and the PHPA on April 1, the relief fund has been created to assist ECHL players and their families suffering financial hardship following the sudden and unexpected cancellation of the 2019-20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 27, 2020
- Liam Pecararo Scores 2019-20 ECHL Goal of the Year - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rays Donate $45,570 to ECHL Player Relief Fund - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Mark Cooper Returns for 2nd Season in SC
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11
- Defender Brett Orr Joins Stingrays on Blue Line
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Stingrays Battle Swamp Rabbits in LLS Fundraiser Competition