Rayborn Named to All-af2 First Team
MACON, Ga. Macon Knights quarterback John Rayborn was named to the All-af2 first team at the leagues annual award banquet Thursday night.
Rayborn played in 15 games this season for the American Conference Eastern Division Champions. He finished the regular season with a pass rating of 117.1, second best in the af2, and he averaged 248.5 passing yards per game, which ranked third in the league.
Rayborn was named the af2s Offensive Player of the Week in week 10 after the Knights defeated the Augusta Stallions. In that game, Rayborn threw for 352 yards and five touchdowns on 32-of-41 passing and accounted for three on the ground.
Rayborn was named the Game MVP seven times this season, the most of any Knights player. Rayborn broke the teams single-season record for passing yards (3,659), passing touchdowns (79) and rushing touchdowns (19). Rayborn also set the single-game records for the Knights with nine passing touchdowns, 51 yards rushing and tied a single game record with three rushing touchdowns (twice).
For more information or for 2003 season tickets, please contact the Macon Knights office at (478) 314-3000.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 23, 2002
- Rayborn Named to All-af2 First Team - Macon Knights
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers Add New Staff Member to Ticketing Department - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Bryan Henderson named First-Team Lineman - Wichita Stealth
- Speed Land Four All-af2 Honorees, Most In League - Richmond Speed
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.