Rawhide Lose Two In-A-Row at Home for the First Time in 2019
VISALIA, CA-The Rawhide drop game two of a five-game series against the Modesto Nuts. This is the first time the Rawhide have lost two consecutive games at Rawhide Ballpark. The Rawhide have now lost six games at Recreation Park this season and only three at home since April 10th.
Jeff Bain started for the Rawhide and had a season-high 13 strikeouts. Bain allowed two earned runs off six hits and two walks in seven innings. The Rawhide lost 4-1, giving Bain the loss. The Rawhide did combine for ten hits, but they were unable to capitalize with runners in scoring position until the seventh inning. Luis Alejandro Basabe singled in the bottom half of the seventh to drive in L.T. Tolbert , who went 4-5 in the game.
The Modesto Nuts scored four runs off 8 hits and two walks. The first run came in the second inning when Jake Scheiner hit a solo shot off Bain. Cal Raleigh had two RBI in the game. The first came in the sixth when he grounded out to first and Joe Rizzo scored. The second was a sacrifice fly in the eighth inning that scored Rizzo again. The final run of the game came in the ninth when Johnny Adams doubled down the left field line, scoring Nick Thurman .
The Rawhide are now 38-19 on the season and 23-6 at home. Game three of the five-game series is tomorrow at 6pm.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from June 9, 2019
- Ports Outlast Giants 10-8, Win Fifth Straight - Stockton Ports
- Quakes Hold on for Sunday Win, Magic Number at 3 - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Bullpen Unable To Hold Lead For Rolison - Lancaster JetHawks
- Early Offense Paves Way to a 4-2 Storm Win - Lake Elsinore Storm
- Rawhide Lose Two In-A-Row at Home for the First Time in 2019 - Visalia Rawhide
- Ports Upend Giants 8-7 in Thriller - Stockton Ports
- Quakes Win Again in IE, Magic Number Down to Four - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.