Rainmen Sign Guard Trayvon Lathan
The Halifax Rainmen are pleased to announce they have signed six-foot-eight point guard Trayvon Lathan, pending FIBA clearance. Lathan was an NBL All star in the 2011 -2012 season where he played for the Moncton Miracles. Lathan averaged 17 points, 10 rebounds and five assists per game in the 2011-2012 NBL season for the Miracles.
"We are very excited to add a veteran guard like Trayvon," said Rainmen head coach Rob Spon. " He can handle the ball, score and rebound extremely well. He is a very versatile player offensively and defensively."
Coach Spon also announced Friday morning that the Rainmen have released forward Eric Frederick.
The Rainmen are on the road today to face the Division leading Saint John Millrats at 7 PM.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from December 28, 2012
- Durham's Team Bounces Back with a Big Win on the Road in Montreal 100-84 - Mississauga Power
- Robinson Reaches Milestone in STORM Win - Summerside Storm
- Mill Rats Win Sixth Game in a Row - Saint John Riptide
- Mill Rats Beat Rainmen in Saint John - Halifax Rainmen
- Miracles Lose Tough One to Storm - Moncton Miracles
- Rainmen Sign Guard Trayvon Lathan - Halifax Rainmen
- Storm Host Miracles Tonight at Credit Union Place - Summerside Storm
- Mill Rats Host Halifax Rainmen Tonight - Saint John Riptide
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse