Rainmen Release Kuso, Suspend Brown
(Halifax, NS) The Halifax Rainmen have released 6'9'', 240-pound centre, Abdullahi Kuso and have suspended 6'1'', 195-pound point guard, Taliek Brown.
Brown's suspension was due to personal reasons and will be dealt with internally. The suspension will remain in effect until further notice.
The Rainmen will play their last game of the regular season without Kuso and Brown on Sunday, March 4 at 2:00 p.m. against the Saint John Mill Rats at Harbour Station.
The team will begin their first round of playoffs against the Quebec Kebs on Sunday, March 11 at 1 p.m. EST in Quebec City. The Rainmen will then return to the Metro Centre on Thursday, March 15 to host the Kebs in a 7 p.m. match-up, and will host the final game of the series on Friday March 16 at 7 p.m., if necessary.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 2, 2012
- Durham's Team the Oshawa Power Get Comeback Win 103-102 Over the Summerside Storm - Mississauga Power
- Record Crowds Oh So Close to Knocking out Power - Summerside Storm
- Rainmen Announce Home Playoff Schedule and Ticket Information - Halifax Rainmen
- NBL Canada Inaugural Championship Playoffs to Begin Tuesday - NBL Canada
- Rainmen Release Kuso, Suspend Brown - Halifax Rainmen
- Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Event - London Lightning
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse