Rainmen Drown Lightning
(Halifax, NS) The Halifax Rainmen defeated the National Basketball League of Canada's first-place London Lightning on Sunday afternoon by a score of 104-78 in front of 4,562 fans.
Leading the Rainmen to their first victory of the season against the Lightning was Lawrence Wright with 27 points. Taliek Brown contributed 15 points in the win, while Tyrone Levett and Justin Johnson added 14 each. Justin Johnson and Eric Crookshank both had 10 rebounds for the Rainmen.
Leading the Lightning was Eddie Smith with a whopping 34 points, draining 18 of 18 from the foul line. Also scoring in the double-digits for the Lightning were Gabe Freeman and Jamar Abrams with 12 and 11 points respectively. The box score statistics can be found below.
The Rainmen will play their next game on Monday evening at Harbour Station against the Saint John Mill Rats. They will return to the Metro Centre on Thursday, February 23 to face the second-place Quebec Kebs.
Tickets for Thursday's game are available at Ticket Atlantic locations and at the Metro Centre Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 19, 2012
- Lightning Fall to Rainmen - London Lightning
- Rainmen Drown Lightning - Halifax Rainmen
- Oshawa Power Win 4th in a Row 101-100 Over the Moncton Miracles - Mississauga Power
- Miracles Lose a Tough One to Power - Moncton Miracles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse