RailRiders Statement on Yankees New Minor League Affiliation Structure
MOOSIC, PA - The New York Yankees today announced changes to their minor league affiliation structure as a result of the expiration of the Professional Baseball Agreement (between Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball).
The Yankees will maintain their Triple-A affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, whose location served as the Yankees' "Alternate Site" during the 2020 season.
"We are grateful the Yankees have the confidence in our organization, facility and community to select the RailRiders to remain their Triple-A Affiliate," said John Adams, Team President of the RailRiders. "PNC Field is one of the best facilities in Minor League Baseball thanks to the hard work and support of ownership, community leaders, media, partners, fans and all the staff - past and present. We will work hard to do our part in helping the Yankees develop talent that will lead to future World Championships."
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from November 7, 2020
- RailRiders Statement on Yankees New Minor League Affiliation Structure - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- RailRiders Statement on Yankees New Minor League Affiliation Structure
- SWB RailRiders Media Advisory- Emergency Food Drive-Thru Giveaway on May 27 at PNC Field
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre participating in MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- RailRiders Join the Show with IL Clubs
- READing RailRoad Returns