Prowlers put on Offensive Clinic with 7-2 Victory
(Port Huron, MI) Port Huron's offense was on full display Friday night throwing 51 shots at the net, and coasting to a 7-2 victory.
Matt Robertson broke the ice 61 seconds into the game. Matyas Kasek and Austin Fetterly netted goals of their own to take a 3-0 lead into intermission. Port Huron outshot Watertown 18-8 in the 1st.
In the middle frame, Port Huron picked up right where they left off scoring four unanswered goals in the 2nd. A Zach Zulkanycz power play goal and Matt Robertson's 2nd goal of the night put Port Huron up 5-0 ending Jared Rutledge's night between the pipes. Blake Scott would replace him only to let in back to back goals scored by Dalton Jay. Prowlers took a 7-0 lead into the 2nd intermission.
Watertown found a way to get on the scoreboard in the final frame. Both Goals came from Yianni Liarakos, but the comeback was too little too late and the Prowlers snag 3 points in the standings with a 7-2 victory.
Both teams' faceoff again tomorrow. Puck is scheduled to drop at 6pm. The winner of Saturday's game will have sole possession of 3rd place going into next weekend's games.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2019
- Carolina Clinches Regular Season Championship With Friday Win - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Dashers Late Goal Leads to OT Win - Danville Dashers
- Prowlers put on Offensive Clinic with 7-2 Victory - Port Huron Prowlers
- Thunderbirds Take Game One of FHL Best Matchup, 4-1 - Elmira Enforcers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.