Preview - Opening Weekend Continues in Game 2 vs. York
OPENING WEEKEND CONTINUES IN GAME 2 VS. YORK
YORK REVOLUTION (1-0) AT NEW BRITAIN BEES (0-1)
In 140 Characters or Less: 35 years of baseball in New Britain is celebrated in game 2 of the opening series with York! First pitch at 6:35 PM! #ItsBetterWithTheBees
Series: York took game one of the series 7-4 on Friday night. Opening weekend continues with game two tonight at 6:35 P.M., and concludes with a Sunday matinee at 1:35 P.M.
Tickets: BUY HERE | Available at the New Britain Stadium Box Office | Call 860-826-BEES
Promotions: It's the 35th anniversary of baseball in New Britain! Fans are welcome to join in on the celebration as baseball began in the Hardware City on this day 35 years ago. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will take home a poster courtesy of Image Ink! After the game, FIREWORKS!
The Bees: Last night the Bees offense was powered by Conor Bierfeldt's two home runs, along with multi-hit performances by Craig Maddox and Jon Griffin. On defense, three York baserunners attempted to steal on James Skelton, two of them were caught.
The Opposition: York's Travis Witherspoon and Angel Franco each had a multi-RBI game last night, both of Witherspoon's runs batted in coming off the long ball, a two run home run in the 5th inning. Franco went 3-4 in total on the night with a double.
New Britain: RHP Jonathan Pettibone (0-0, 0.00) | York: RHP Steve Janas (0-0, 0.00)
Key to the Game - Early tones: Last night, the Bees had several notable performances, regardless of what the scoreboard may have read at the end of the night. Several players had multi-hit games, Conor Bierfeldt hit two home runs, and Bees pitching totaled 12 strikeouts on the night. But York was able to get the lead early, forcing New Britain to play from behind. Look for the Bees to try and gain an early advantage in tonight's game, and turn the tables on their opponent.
Broadcast: Bees' Official YouTube Channel (youtube.com/NewBritainBees) or Official Facebook Page
Bees Buzz: With Jonathan Pettibone getting the start, the Bees will send a starting pitcher to the mound who has past MLB experience for the second straight night... Jovan Rosa is currently 2 hits away from 800 in his professional career, as well as 1 double away from 200 in his professional career...Jovan Rosa has played in 141 consecutive Bees games dating back to last season...Jonathan Pettibone will be making his ALPB debut.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from April 22, 2017
- New Britain Bees Daily Buzz - New Britain Bees
- Preview - Opening Weekend Continues in Game 2 vs. York - New Britain Bees
- Revs Down Bees on Opening Night for Second Straight Season - York Revolution
- Barnstormers Fall in Extra Innings - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Yovan Gonzalez Hits Walk off Homer to Lead Somerset Patriots To Opening Day Victory - Somerset Patriots
- Recap - Late Rally Falls Short in 7-4 Opening Night Loss to York - New Britain Bees
- Late Homers Lift Blue Crabs over Ducks - Long Island Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Britain Bees Stories
- Game at Long Island on Tuesday Rescheduled
- New Britain Hangs On To Defeat Southern Maryland In Series Finale
- Blue Crabs Knock Off Bees For Second Straight Night
- Two Former Big League Pitchers Head to New Britain
- Ninth Inning Rally Lifts Blue Crabs Over Bees In Series Opener