PrairieThunder Signs Liambas
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - Rookie left winger Mike Liambas, who played the final eight games of last season with the Bloomington PrairieThunder, has signed a contract to rejoin the team, it was announced Wednesday by head coach Jarrod Skalde.
The 5-foot-10, 200-pound Liambas scored one goal and had 31 penalty minutes with the PrairieThunder. He played the previous two seasons in the OHL with the Erie Otters.
Liambas, who will wear jersey number 8, is recovering from a shoulder injury and will not be ready for Friday's game at Flint. Skalde expects Liambas to play Dec. 11 game against Flint at U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 2, 2009
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Postponed Game Rescheduled - Flint Generals
- Icehawks Continue Road Trip This Week - Port Huron Icehawks
- IHL Game #52 Rescheduled - IHL 2
- Lumberjacks-Flint Game Re-Scheduled - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- PrairieThunder Signs Liambas - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals Weekly Report - Flint Generals
- Hockey To Remain In Dayton - IHL 2
- Generals Player Of The Month Luncheon Thursday - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.