Power Re-Sign QB Bill Stull and DB Tyrell Herbert
The Pittsburgh Power has re-signed Bill Stull, a quarterback who had who originally signed with the Power late in the 2011 season. Stull started the season finale verses the Philadelphia Soul, guiding the team to a convincing victory with six touchdown passes. For his efforts, Stall was named the National Guard MVP of the game. "Bill has all the tools to be a great quarterback in this league and we look forward to having him in camp" said head coach Chris Siegfried. "We had the home town advantage in re-signing him, but he is excited about what we are building here and what playing in Pittsburgh with the Power offers." Stull added, "Being able to play in my hometown in front of family and friends is a great situation for me. But beyond that, the facilities with the Power are the best - CONSOL, UPMC Southside, and everything else they provide make it an opportunity I couldn't pass up."
Stull led the University of Pittsburgh to 10 wins and a bowl victory against the University of North Carolina as a senior in 2009. He finished his college career with 5,532 yards passing and 32 touchdowns. After a brief stint with Hartford in the UFL, Stall went to camp with the Kansas City Chiefs, and also played with the Spokane Shock prior to joining the Power.
Tyrell Herbert has also re-signed for the 2012 season after leading the team with 57 tackles and 17 assisted tackles in 2011. "Tyrell is a valuable part of what we do on defense," commented Siegfried. "He's a great cover back who can come up and make tough tackles."
Herbert starred collegiately as a four-year starter at the University of Toledo, and was named captain for two seasons. He signed with the Buffalo Bills in 2009, and also played for the Florida Huskers of the UFL prior to coming to Pittsburgh.st .
Tryouts for position players will be held at Southpointe Fieldhouse, located at104 Cecil Henderson Road, Canonsburg PA 15317 on October 1st, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with registration beginning at 6:30am. Registration for the tryouts, and further information can be found at www.PittsburghPowerFootball.com .
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from September 27, 2011
- Pro Football Has Finally Arrived In San Antonio - San Antonio Talons
- GM/Head Coach Kevin Guy Signs Contract for 2012 - Arizona Rattlers
- OL Robbie Powell Returns; SaberCats Sign Two Defensive Backs - San Jose SaberCats
- Philadelphia Lands Top AFL QB Dan Raudabaugh - Philadelphia Soul
- Bell Returns; Spokane Adds Four More - Spokane Shock
- Command Adds Three More to Roster - Kansas City Command
- Power Re-Sign QB Bill Stull and DB Tyrell Herbert - Pittsburgh Power
- Power Readying for Open Tryouts - Pittsburgh Power
- VooDoo Open Tryout Set for this Saturday - New Orleans VooDoo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.