Pioneers Shattering Records
Wilkes-Barre, PA- Despite a season of ups and downs for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers, two individuals managed to shine. WR/LB Rocco Forgione and DS Jamie Hattley broke single season team records.
Jamie Hattley, a two-year veteran of af2, held the Pioneers' team record for tackles in a single season with 91.0. During their game against Macon, Hattley racked up 4.0 tackles totaling 102.0 during the regular season and dwarfing his own prior record from last season. Hattley became the sixth player in af2 history to break 100 tackles in a season.
No stranger to the spotlight, Rocco Forgione had a highlight reel of a 2005 season. Emerging as the Pioneers go-to receiver, Forgione totaled eight grabs for 106 yards and three touchdowns in his team's slim 53-52 victory over Macon last week. With the numbers he put up from his last game, Forgione managed to break four of the Pioneers' single season records. In 2004, Rookie of the Year JR Thomas set records in receptions, reception touchdowns, reception yards and points scored. Forgione broke those four records with final regular season stats like 104 receptions for 1363 yards, 33 touchdowns and 200 points scored, all single season records for his Pioneers.
With their win over Macon this past Saturday, the Pioneers clinched a home game in the first round of the af2 ArenaCup Playoffs. The Pioneers will be hosting the Green Bay Blizzard on Saturday, August 6th at 7:30 PM in the Wachovia Arena.
Tickets are now on sale for the general public for this weekends playoff game. Tickets can be purchased at the Wachovia Arena box office. Tickets are also available online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling (570) 693-4100.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 1, 2005
- Dorados Dance Team Member Heads to the NBA - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Xplorers Finish Season with Top Offense and Top Defense - Memphis Xplorers
- Manchester Wolves weekly - Manchester Wolves
- Pioneers Shattering Records - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Playoff Tickets On Sale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Smoke Signals - Louisville Fire
- Week 18 af2 game recaps - af2
- af2 Nation - OSC Original by Walter L. Johnson II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.