Pioneers Set New Attendance Record
The Elmira Pioneers, members of the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League, announced that they have set a new attendance record for the Pioneers collegiate season. "We set a new record last year when more than 29,000 fans visited Dunn Field." said Pioneers GM, Jeff Kunion. "This year we added more Fireworks Shows, more "Lucky Fan" giveaways and some new on field contests that add to the Fun at the Dunn. With a couple dates left in the season, we have topped last year's mark by more than 1,000. We would love break the 32,500 mark for the year."
The next Pioneers game is tonight, Monday, August 1. It is Friends of Dunn Field Night. Friends of Dunn Field is a 501(c)3 charity dedicated to the repair and maintenance of Dunn Field. The team will be conducting a charity raffle during the evening. Prizes include a 32" LCD TV, a weekend in Atlantic City, a trip to NYC for a Mets or Yankees game, local gift certificates and more.
Tickets for the remaining Pioneers games are available at Jubilee Foods at 2898 Westinghouse Road, Horseheads. For more information visit www.elmirapioneers.com or call 607-734-2690.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from August 1, 2011
- Pilots Fall 5-4 to Hawkeyes - Newark Pilots
- Golden Eagles Extend Win to Streak to Seven in 6-1 Victory - Glens Falls Dragons
- Pioneers Set New Attendance Record - Elmira Pioneers
- Newark Tied for First with Win in Cooperstown - Newark Pilots
- Dollar Doubleheader at the Duff - Watertown Wizards
- Glens Falls Defeats Amsterdam 7-4 - Amsterdam Mohawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.