"Pink at the Rink" this Weekend for Jacks
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes are joining the fight against cancer this weekend when the defending champion Rapid City Rush come to town.
This Friday and Saturday will be "Pink at the Rink" weekend for the Jackalopes where the team will wear pink jerseys and play with pink sticks. Throughout the weekend fans will have a chance to bid on the sticks, and the jerseys will be up for auction after Saturday's contest. A portion of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
"(Pink at the Rink) has become a pretty popular thing with other teams around minor league hockey, and we're happy to be apart of it as well," said forward Sebastien Thinel. "The jerseys look pretty good. Rapid City is a good team, defending champion, and it should be an entertaining weekend for everyone."
Friday and Saturday's games both start at 7:05 PM CST at the Ector County Coliseum. For more information visit jackalopes.org or call 432-552-7825.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2011
- 'Bugs to Host Great Events this Weekend Vs. Komets - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Three Game Set for Brahmas Begins Tomorrow - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Fight Blindness with SCO Lions Club - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Wives and Girlfriends Assist Yavapai Food Bank, Distribute Food to More Than 600 People - Arizona Sundogs
- NBA Legend A.C. Green to Speak at Dayton Gems Game on January 28 - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Return Home Friday - Laredo Bucks
- "Pink at the Rink" this Weekend for Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.