Phoenix Rising Improves to 12-0-0 on $1 Beer Night in Front of Record Crowd
PHOENIX - Phoenix Rising FC's magic on $1 Beer Night remained strong in the club's 6-0 drubbing of Austin Bold FC in front of a sellout crowd of 7,387, a regular-season attendance record. It was the club's 13th consecutive sellout at Casino Arizona Field. The team also improved to 12-0-0 on $1 Beer Night, matched a league record with ten consecutive wins, and set a club record for most goals scored in a match.
WHAT TO KNOW
Phoenix Rising is now 12-0-0 on $1 Beer Night.
Phoenix Rising matches a USL Championship record with its 10 consecutive wins.
Tonight's attendance was 7,387, a new regular-season attendance record at Casino Arizona Field.
Forward Solomon Asante wasted little time putting the team up 1-0. In the 17th minute, Mustapha Dumbuya slid a ball to him just to the right of the top of the box. Asante had to reach back to collect the ball but then turned his body and smacked a right-footed shot inside the far left post to open the scoring and give Rising a 1-0 lead after the first half.
In the second half, the team had a scoring explosion.
James Musa put the finishing touches to a 1-2-3-pass buildup to double the club's lead in the 54th minute.
Four minutes later, in the 58th minute, it was Asante again, this time sprinting into the box with the ball, cutting hard to his left, then curling a shot into the far left upper 90 for a 3-0 lead.
Then in the 66th minute, Asante put another shot on target, only for the ball to be saved and punched out to Adam Jahn, who was there to bang the ball into the back of the net to make it 4-0
Ten minutes later in the 76th minute, it was Jon Bakero who made it 5-0 on a free kick, sliding his shot underneath the wall and past the diving keeper.
Joey Calistri finished the onslaught in the 84th minute after Joey Farrell headed a corner kick toward the far right post and Calistri was there to head the ball into the back of the net for the 6-0 win.
In addition to the club's six goals, goalkeeper Zac Lubin notched five saves en route to his 10th clean sheet of the season, making him the top goalkeeper in the league in that category.
Phoenix Rising will head back out on the road on Saturday, July 27, at Tulsa to take on Roughnecks FC. That match is scheduled to kickoff at 5:30 p.m. and will air on Your PHX CW and ArizonaSports.com
PHOENIX RISING FC 6-0 AUSTIN BOLD FC
PHX: 17', 20-Solomon Asante (24-Mustapha Dumbuya)
PHX: 54', 41-James Musa (7-Junior Flemmings)
PHX: 58', 20-Solomon Asante (7-Junior Flemmings)
PHX: 66', 9-Adam Jahn
PHX: 76', 10-Jon Bakero (20-Solomon Asante)
PHX: 84', 21-Joey Calistri (Joey Farrell)
AUS: 28', 15-Amobi Okugo (caution)
AUS: 41', 27-Valeri Saramutin (caution)
AUS: 51', 28-London Woodbury (caution)
AUS: 73', 3-Edson Braafheid (ejection)
PHX: 80', 15-Joey Farrell (caution)
Starting XI: 28-Zac Lubin; 13-Amadou Dia, 2-Doueugui Mala, 15-Joey Farrell, 24-Mustapha Dumbuya (40' 16-Austin Ledbetter); 19-Jose Aguinaga (70', Joey Calistri), 41-James Musa, 10-Jon Bakero; 7-Junior Flemmingsi (63', 7-Junior Flemmings), 9-Adam Jahn (70', 22-Ben Spencer), 20-Solomon Asante (82', 35-Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu)
Subs not used: 1-Carl Woszczynski, 3-A.J. Cochran, 35, Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu, 95-Ramone Howell
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 20, 2019
- T2 Fall 2-1 on the Road to Fresno FC Saturday Night - Portland Timbers 2
- Real Monarchs SLC Splits Points with El Paso Locomotive FC in Scoreless Draw - Real Monarchs SLC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Royally Dominates in Draw against Real Monarchs - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Switchbacks FC Win Second Consecutive Game at Weidner Field - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- San Antonio FC Unbeaten Streak Reaches Four Games with Draw at Orange County - San Antonio FC
- Reno Wins Fifth Straight to Move to 11-4-5 - Reno 1868 FC
- Adams Late Goal Earns RGV FC Three Points at Home - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Legion FC Earns Resounding Win over Atlanta - Birmingham Legion FC
- Memphis 901 FC Earns Point against Second-Place New York Red Bulls II - Memphis 901 FC
- Steel FC picks up first all-time win over Louisville City - Philadelphia Union II
- Rowdies Beat Saint Louis 4-1 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- STLFC Falls 4-1 to Conference Leaders Tampa Bay Rowdies - Saint Louis FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 4-0 at Birmingham Legion FC - Atlanta United 2
- Hounds Victorious, Defeat North Carolina, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Republic FC Fall 1-2 to Rio Grande Valley FC Toros - Sacramento Republic FC
- More Late Magic Gives Indy Eleven 2-0 Victory over Loudoun United FC - Indy Eleven
- Red Hot Fury FC Wins 4-0 on a Steamy Night at TD Place - Ottawa Fury FC
- Loudoun United Fall 2-0 on the Road against Indy Eleven - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Narrowly Defeated 1-0 in Pittsburgh - North Carolina FC
- Fresno FC vs. Portland Timbers 2 Preview - Fresno FC
- Orange County Opens Homestand against San Antonio FC - Orange County SC
- Preview: Hartford Looks to Start Dillon Stadium Win Streak - Hartford Athletic
- Hartford Falls in Heartbreaking Fashion - Hartford Athletic
- Marini Beats Hartford in Thrilling Second Half - Charleston Battery
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts Bethlehem Steel - Louisville City FC
- MLS, Liga MX Release Details for Leagues Cup - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Travels to Take on Louisville City FC Tonight - Philadelphia Union II
- Phoenix Rising Improves to 12-0-0 on $1 Beer Night in Front of Record Crowd - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Rising Wins, 3-1, Returns to Casino Arizona Field Next Saturday, August 8
- Rising FC Hosts El Paso Tonight on CW61 Arizona & ESPN+ at 7:30 PM
- Rising Coach Peter Ramage Named U-23 Assistant Coach of Premier League Side, Newcastle United
- Rising Falls, 1-0, in Orange County, Returns to Casino Arizona Field Next Saturday, August 1
- Phoenix Rising vs. Orange County SC - Tune in to CW61 Arizona Tonight at 7 PM