Philadelphia Wings Select Kevin Crowley First Overall in NLL Entry Draft
The Philadelphia Wings, of the National Lacrosse League (NLL), selected Stony Brook midfielder Kevin Crowley today with the first overall pick in the 2011 NLL Entry Draft in Toronto, ON.
Crowley scored 131 goals and added 101 assists in 60 career games for Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, N.Y.) and finished his career among the best players ever to play for the school. He is the only player in Stony Brook history to record 100 or more goals and assists, and one of just 40 players in Division I history to accomplish the feat. Additionally, Crowley is one of three players in America East history to be a four-time first team selection and in 2010 he earned the USILA Enners Award, given to nation's most outstanding Division I player.
Crowley will help bolster the offensive attack next season, joining forward Dan Dawson and transition player Brodie Merrill as a key offensive addition to the Philadelphia Wings for the upcoming 2012 season.
"Kevin is going to be a star in the NLL on the floor and we know he will represent the values of our Wings organization in the community," said Wings General Manager and Head Coach Johnny Mouradian. "We really like his commitment to develop his game at the highest level. Our coaching staff and players look forward to seeing him on the floor."
"I had the pleasure of watching Kevin perform as the only collegiate player on Team Canada in Manchester, England, and recently I've followed his performance with the Hamilton Nationals and the New Westminister Salmonbellies," said Wings President and Co-owner Michael French. "He can play any position on the floor but for us he'll be a great complimentary addition to our offense. He has a proven track record of bringing out the best in his teammates and is another great character addition. We are thrilled to have Kevin on board."
Call 215-389-WING (9464) or visit WingsLAX.com to order Season Tickets for the upcoming 2012 Philadelphia Wings Season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 21, 2011
- Minnesota Swarm Selects Jordan MacIntosh and Evan Kirk in First Round - Minnesota Swarm
- National Lacrosse League 2011 Entry Draft Results - NLL
- Washington Stealth Add Five Players in 2011 NLL Entry Draft - Washington Stealth
- Knighthawks Take Keogh Second Overall, Select Powless and White in Top 10 - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth Adds Eight in NLL Entry Draft - Colorado Mammoth
- Rock Select Six in 2011 NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Philadelphia Wings Select Kevin Crowley First Overall in NLL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- 2011 NLL Entry Draft Today - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team