Peter Mannino Joins Chicago Steel as Assistant Coach
Former professional goaltender Peter Mannino will join Dan Muse and the Chicago Steel coaching staff as an Assistant Coach, the team announced on Thursday.
Mannino, a Farmington, Mich. native, is a graduate of the University of Denver and enjoyed a seven-year professional hockey career. He last played for the Binghamton Senators in the AHL, but also played in six games in the NHL, making appearances for the New York Islanders, Atlanta Thrashers and the Winnipeg Jets.
However, Mannino is no stranger to the USHL, as he played for the Tri-City Storm prior to his collegiate career at the University of Denver.
Mannino expressed his excitement in joining Muse's staff.
"I'm very excited to be a part of the Chicago Steel," Mannino said. "In talks with Dan and the entire staff, it's just a real intriguing situation and I think the direction of the program now from when I played in the league just seems like a real thrilling thing to be a part of."
With the addition of Mannino, Muse has completed his coaching staff and is looking forward to the upcoming tryout camp this weekend.
"I'm thrilled just to get everybody together," Muse said. "It's the first time now that the staff's been built that we have everybody in the same room working together, sharing different ideas and to me that's exciting. That's the real start."
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 18, 2015
- Peter Mannino Joins Chicago Steel as Assistant Coach - Chicago Steel
- Oldham Selected for U.S. Junior Evaluation Camp - Omaha Lancers
- Boeser to August USA Camp - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Cut Down Tryout Camp to Four Teams - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Steel Stories
- Steel Clinch Playoff Berth with 3-1 Win Tuesday
- Chicago Stops Dubuque in 3-2 Saturday Night Win
- Steel Drop 4-3 Barn Burner Friday Night
- Irish Night and Special Jerseys to Benefit Geneva Schools Highlight Weekend Home Games
- Steel Earn Point in Wild Overtime Contest, 5-4