Pete Perram Named Head Coach of Buffalo Beauts
Pete Perram, a respected coach with more than two decades of experience in women's hockey at the international, club, collegiate and local level, has been named the new head coach of the Buffalo Beauts of the National Women's Hockey League.
"Pete Perram is the perfect person to lead our team in Buffalo," said Beauts general manager Mandy Cronin, who was coached by Perram during her playing career. "I have first-hand experience with his team leadership and bench management. He is the kind of coach that you want to work hard for, day in and day out. With his relatability and wealth of experience, I know he will be highly respected by our players, staff and fans. We are thrilled to have him leading the way for the upcoming season."
Perram was the head coach of Switzerland's Women's National Team between 1998 and 2001. During his tenure, the Swiss national team finished second at the Group B IIHF World Championships in Latvia is 2000.
After returning to his native Canada, Perram accepted a coaching position with the Senior AAA Durham TELUS Lightning team in Ajax, Ontario. He remained their head coach for six years. It was during that time in the now-defunct NWHL (unrelated to the current one) that Cronin, a goaltender, played for Perram. In addition, Perram was a coach mentor for the Etobicoke Dolphins Girls' Hockey Association and coupled that experience with coaching their Intermediate AA program for two seasons. From 2009 to 2015, he was associate coach of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology Ridgebacks women's hockey team.
"I am honored to have this opportunity to coach the Buffalo Beauts and play my role in showcasing amazingly talented and dedicated hockey players," said Perram. "I look forward to working with Mandy Cronin in taking this great organization to the next level of success and to provide incredible entertainment for hockey fans in Western New York."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Two-Time Isobel Cup Champion, Two-Time All-Star Corinne Buie Is Back with the Buffalo Beauts - Buffalo Beauts
- Pete Perram Named Head Coach of Buffalo Beauts - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Brooke Stacey Takes NWHL Goal-Scoring Lead, Buffalo Completes Sweep of Whale
- Pelletier OT Goal Caps Beauts' Comeback in 5-4 Win over the Whale
- Buffalo's Ruggiero Looks to Bring Speed, Scoring Touch to Beauts' Lineup
- Beauts Defender Marie-Jo Pelletier to Raise Funds and Awareness for "The Teacher's Desk" in WNY
- Team Chinese Taipei G Tiffany Hsu Joins Beauts, Becomes NWHL's 100th Player this Season