Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce they have acquired 18-year-old defenceman Tom Cadieux from the Tri-City Americans in exchange for a third round pick in 2023 and a conditional seventh round pick in 2023.
Cadieux (6'0, 174 lbs), was originally a second-round pick by the Americans, 34th overall in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft and is entering his third season in the league.
"We are excited to add Tom to our group," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock. "He is a good young defenceman that will fit well with our 2002 born age group."
Cadieux, from Saskatoon, SK has put up a goal and 10 points in 96 career games in the Western Hockey League.
The 2020-21 WHL season will begin on January 8, 2021 with all Regular Season games played exclusively within the boundaries of each of the four Divisions, with the East Division consisting of the seven Saskatchewan and Manitoba-based teams; the Central Division consisting of the five Alberta-based teams; the B.C. Division consisting of the five B.C.-based teams; and the U.S. Division consisting of the five teams located in Washington and Oregon.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2020
- Americans Trade Cadieux to Regina - Tri-City Americans
- Guhle Signs Entry-Level Contract with Canadiens - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City