Panhandle Baseball Statement Regarding Stone Ranch Trademark Filing
AMARILLO, Texas - Panhandle Baseball Club, Inc., owner of the Amarillo SOD POODLES Double-A baseball team, filed a request for an injunction against Stone Ranch and Dusty Green on December 26, 2018, and was granted a Temporary Restraining Order on January 2, 2019. Stone Ranch and Mr. Green can no longer sell or distribute Sod Poodles clothing.
Despite Mr. Green's statements on this matter, he does not have trademark rights in the name SOD POODLES. In reality, Mr. Green only has a pending trademark application with no rights to the name SOD POODLES. It is Panhandle Baseball's position that Mr. Green's trademark application was filed fraudulently and to create a false association with the new Amarillo baseball team.
Mr. Green's current use of the name SOD POODLES on t-shirts is merely ornamental use and does not grant him or his company any trademarks rights. Therefore, he is using the name SOD POODLES for no other reason than to harass Panhandle Baseball and confuse fans and consumers as to the source of the clothing he is currently selling.
Amarillo and the country have embraced the SOD POODLES name, logos and team. We are not going to allow Mr. Green to take away such a treasured name from this community just because Mr. Green does not like the name.
In order to protect its SOD POODLES trademark, Panhandle Baseball had no choice but to ask the court to grant an injunction to stop Mr. Green's unauthorized and illegal use of the name SOD POODLES.
According to Mr. Green's statement of December 20th, he planned to donate profits from the sale of the t-shirts to a local charity. To ensure that the community is the ultimate beneficiary of this situation, Panhandle Baseball will make a $5,000 donation to an Amarillo charity.
This team, our name, and baseball are all about excitement and fun. Amarillo SOD POODLES baseball is all about providing a great experience for our community to enjoy baseball in a wholesome setting so that families can create their own memories for years to come. Panhandle Baseball looks forward to putting this unfortunate situation to rest and focusing on bringing professional baseball to Amarillo in April 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from January 7, 2019
- Annual Rangers Winter Caravan Coming to Dr Pepper Ballpark January 19 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hooks Job Fair January 16-17 - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Panhandle Baseball Statement Regarding Stone Ranch Trademark Filing - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Hot Stove Luncheon Set for Monday, January 21 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Darryl Kennedy Named New Naturals Manager - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Sod Poodles Stories
- Local Elementary Students Bring About Ruckus for Sod Poodles
- Sod Poodles Single Game Tickets for All 2019 Home Games on Sale Online Saturday
- Sod Poodles Announce Caldwell Business Group Charity Spotlight Program
- Sod Poodles Announce Promotional and Special Theme Schedule for Inaugural 2019 Season
- Sod Poodles Unveil Team Jerseys with Limited-Edition Pre-Sale Experience