Paint the Town Orange
The Spokane Shock announced today Spokane Mayor Dennis Hession has declared March 26-31st as "Paint the Town Orange" week in honor of the Shock's first home game of the 2007 season. The Shock will begin the defense of their ArenaCup Championship on March 31st as they host the Stockton Lightning at the Spokane Arena.
"Last year, the Spokane Shock lived up to their name, electrifying Spokane crowds and powering to an arenafootball2 championship in their inaugural season," said Hession. "This year, we're looking forward to another jolt of Spokane Shock energy that will give us something to celebrate."
This proclamation was made tonight at the Town Hall City Council Meeting.
"Our crowd made a difference for us last year, and we are counting on their continued support," said Shock General Manager Adam Nebeker. "On Friday, we would like to see all of our fans in orange - at work or at home - to show their true Shock pride!"
Tickets are still available for this weekend's season opener and can be purchased by calling 325-SEAT. Season tickets are also still available and can be purchased by calling 242-7462.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 26, 2007
- Paint the Town Orange - Spokane Shock
- Steamwheelers Games to be Broadcast on WOC 1420AM This Season - Quad City Steamwheelers
- af2 2007 South Division preview - af2
- Listen Live to Yard Dawgz Games - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- The Manchester Wolves TV Debut - Manchester Wolves
- Fusion Trades for QB - Fort Wayne Fusion
- af2 teams up with Sportexe to present 2007 af2 Coach of the Year Award - af2
- Opening Day Thunder Roster Set - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Smoke Signals - Louisville Fire
- Twisters to host AFL watch party - Arkansas Diamonds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.