Over 4,000 students from the Worcester Public School System will participate in the first ever Schoo
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) announced today that the Railers will host the city's first ever School Day Game on Tuesday, November 14 at 10:05am when the Railers host the Brampton Beast at the DCU Center.
As a continuation of the partnership with the Worcester Public School System, over 4,000 students throughout Worcester will attend the 10:05am game on November 14. All students received discounted tickets, with the Railers HC Foundation picking up the cost for any hardship students. All kids in attendance will receive a Railers wristband at the game if the students as a group pass the "Ten Things with Tom" educational component which will be displayed throughout the game.
Just recently, the Railers announced their Skate to Success learn to skate program that takes place at the state of the art Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center and will service over 2,500 fourth grade students from the Worcester Public School system.
Doors open at 9am for the School Day Game with puck drop scheduled for 10:05am. The game will be televised live on Charter TV3 with Eric Lindquist and Kevin Shea on the call with coverage beginning at 10am. The game will be replayed at 7pm later that evening on Charter TV3.
"The Railers look forward to having over 4,000 students from the Worcester Public School System attend a Railers home game at the DCU Center," said Railers HC president Mike Myers. "The Railers would like to thank Worcester Public Schools Superintendent Maureen Binienda for her unwavering support and all of our sponsors to make this game a first in Worcester pro hockey history."
The game is still open to the general public with tickets as low as $15. Worcester Railers HC members will also be attending the School Day Game.
On Saturday, November 11, the Railers conclude their five game homestand on Veteran's Day Appreciation Night with a 7:05pm start vs. the Manchester Monarchs. It is another BIG GAME SATURDAY as Bobby Orr and Derek Sanderson will drop the ceremonial first puck before the game presented by Rectrix Aviation !
The Railers Tavern, located behind the DCU Center is now open and will provide hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Matthews. Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2017
- Over 4,000 students from the Worcester Public School System will participate in the first ever Schoo - Worcester Railers HC
- Norfolk Makes Pair of Roster Moves - Norfolk Admirals
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-STAR CLASSIC TO BE TELEVISED NATIONALLY LIVE ON NHL NETWORK - Indy Fuel
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be televised nationally LIVE on NHL Network - ECHL
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Erases Three-Goal Third Period Deficit - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Dropped in Overtime by Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Adirondack Drops Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Lose Final Game of Road Trip - Reading Royals
- Orlando Solar Bears vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Outlast Eagles in 4-3 Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Go Perfect on Four Game Homestand After 4-2 Win over Grizzlies
- Railers Find Pot of Gold in 3-2 Home Win over Fort Wayne
- Worcester Railers HC Signs University Nebraska Omaha Forward Jake Randolph
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers
- St. Patrick's Day Jerseys Highlights 3-In- 3 Game Weekend for Railers HC at DCU Center