Adirondack Drops Mallards
MOLINE, Ill. (November 8, 2017) - Four different players scored for the Adirondack Thunder (5-4-1) and Adirondack goaltender Nick Riopel made 22 saves on the way to a 4-1 win over the host Quad City Mallards (4-5-0) Wednesday night.
The Thunder jumped out to 2-0 first period lead. Terrence Wallin pounced on a rebound to open the scoring at 6:57 of the first. The gap doubled when Eric Neiley buried James Henry's cross-crease pass at 18:09.
The Mallards clawed back within one with Brayden Low's shorthanded breakaway goal at 4:03 of the second period, but Ty Loney's reply from the high slot would give Adirondack a 3-1 lead at 11:45 of the second.
Henry capped off the Thunder victory with a shorthanded empty net goal in the final seconds of the third period.
Earlier Wednesday the Mallards released goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos and signed Jake Reed as emergency backup goaltender.
The Mallards next play at home Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. against the Indy Fuel. The Mallards will celebrate Veterans' Day with their annual Military Appreciation Night Saturday. The Mallards will pay tribute to those who have served in the armed forces by wearing special edition military-themed jerseys against the Fuel. After Saturday's game, the Mallards will continue to don those unique jerseys during warm-ups prior to home games until auctioning them off to benefit VFW Post 1303 in Rock Island at their March 16 game. Army Colonel Heidi Hoyle, the Commander of the Joint Munitions Command, will be the guest of honor at Saturday night's game and will drop the puck for the ceremonial pregame faceoff. All current and former military personnel and their families can purchase tickets to Saturday's game for just $10.
Tickets for Saturday's contest and all Mallards regular season home games are now on sale at the TaxSlayer Center box office, Ticketmaster toll free charge-by-phone (1-800-745-3000) and ticketmaster.com. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2017
- Over 4,000 students from the Worcester Public School System will participate in the first ever Schoo - Worcester Railers HC
- Norfolk Makes Pair of Roster Moves - Norfolk Admirals
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-STAR CLASSIC TO BE TELEVISED NATIONALLY LIVE ON NHL NETWORK - Indy Fuel
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be televised nationally LIVE on NHL Network - ECHL
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Erases Three-Goal Third Period Deficit - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Dropped in Overtime by Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Adirondack Drops Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Lose Final Game of Road Trip - Reading Royals
- Orlando Solar Bears vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Outlast Eagles in 4-3 Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.