2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be televised nationally LIVE on NHL Network
November 9, 2017 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Thursday that the 2018 CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic will air LIVE exclusively on NHL Network on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at 1 p.m. EST from Indiana Farmers Coliseum in Indianapolis, Indiana.
For the first time in ECHL history, the 2018 CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic will feature four teams, representing each of the league's divisions. In a format similar to those adapted by the NHL and AHL All-Star Games, the four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament in order to crown a winner. The 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place between the semifinal and championship rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL All-Stars, and showcasing the future of hockey as they develop in the ECHL.
"In conjunction with our host team, the Indy Fuel, we are looking forward to showcasing the ECHL's top talent in this new format before a live TV audience," said Ryan Crelin, COO of the ECHL. "The NHL Network is the perfect platform to bring the 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to both ECHL fans and hockey fans in general for the matinee event."
This presentation of the CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic marks the second consecutive year the ECHL and NHL Network, the TV home for the National Hockey League, have worked together to have worked together to air the game live in the United States. For local channel listings, go to www.NHLNetwork.com.
The CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic is coming to Indianapolis in 2018! The best players in AA hockey take the ice at Indiana Farmers Coliseum on January 15 as part of a celebration of professional hockey in the Circle City, which will include NHL legend Wayne Gretzky. Visit ECHLAllStarClassic.com for more information and to purchase your tickets, and become an All-Star Insider to get event updates, ticket information and special offers delivered right to your inbox.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2017
- Over 4,000 students from the Worcester Public School System will participate in the first ever Schoo - Worcester Railers HC
- Norfolk Makes Pair of Roster Moves - Norfolk Admirals
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-STAR CLASSIC TO BE TELEVISED NATIONALLY LIVE ON NHL NETWORK - Indy Fuel
- 2018 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be televised nationally LIVE on NHL Network - ECHL
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta Erases Three-Goal Third Period Deficit - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Dropped in Overtime by Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Adirondack Drops Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Lose Final Game of Road Trip - Reading Royals
- Orlando Solar Bears vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Outlast Eagles in 4-3 Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.