Oshawa Generals Unable to Come to Terms with Bob Jones on Contract Extension
Oshawa, ON - The Oshawa Generals announced today that Bob Jones will not return as Head Coach for the 2018-2019 season. The contract negotiations between Bob Jones and the Oshawa Generals have broken off as the parties were unable to come to mutually agreeable terms on a contract extension.
"Bob came in for the beginning of the 2015-2016 season and guided the team to playoffs in the first two years of his tenure. Last season, he became ill and thankfully he has come through that. The two sides were unable come to an agreement with a contract extension and the decision was made to mutually part ways. We wish him success in whatever comes next and thank him for his contributions to the team" said Vice President and General Manager, Roger Hunt.
Jones complied a record of 67-56-13 after being named Head Coach in June of 2015, during the two seasons he was behind the bench.
The team will immediately begin its search for a new head coach.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 26, 2018
- Fronts Season Comes to an End with 2-1 Loss in Hamilton - Kingston Frontenacs
- OHL Announces Academic Player of the Year Award Winners for 2017-18 - OHL
- Storm Announces 2017-18 Dan Snyder Memorial Trophy / OHL Humanitarian of the Year Nominee - Guelph Storm
- Battalion Holds Ticket Prices for Third Consecutive Year - North Bay Battalion
- Tickets to Round 3, Game 6 on Sale Now - Kitchener Rangers
- Oshawa Generals Unable to Come to Terms with Bob Jones on Contract Extension - Oshawa Generals
- Joey G Notches Four-Point Night as Rangers Even Series vs. Greyhounds - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Generals Acquire Aidan Hughes from the Sarnia Sting
- Gross and Eggenberger to Play for Team Switzerland at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Generals Goaltender Kyle Keyser Named to U.S. National Junior Team Selection Camp for the World Junior Championship
- Keyser Invited to the U.S. National Junior Team Training Camp
- Studnicka Invited to Hockey Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp