Orlando City SC Forward Dom Dwyer Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
ORLANDO, Fla. (Aug. 1, 2020) - Orlando City SC forward Dom Dwyer underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery on Friday to treat a partial patella tendon tear associated with patella tendinosis in his left knee, the Club announced today. The surgery was performed by Dr. Daryl Osbahr, Orlando City's team physician and the Chief of Sports Medicine at Orlando Health.
Due to the injury, Dwyer was ruled out of the MLS is Back Tournament earlier in the week and is expected to miss 4-6 months for rehabilitation and recovery.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 1, 2020
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 3 Portland Timbers - New York City FC
- Dominant 4-1 Win over San Jose Propels MNUFC to Semifinals - Minnesota United FC
- Quakes eliminated from MLS is Back Tournament; finish with 3-1-1 record - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City SC Forward Dom Dwyer Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Orlando City SC
- City vs. LAFC: a Look into the Numbers - Orlando City SC
- Timbers to Face New York City FC Tonight in MLS Is Back Tournament Quarterfinal - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Face Minnesota United FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin
- Orlando City Selects Forward Derek Dodson in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Orlando City Acquires No. 8 Selection in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium
- Four City Homegrowns Join CF Pachuca for Offseason Training Stint