Orange County Soccer Club Foundation, Embassy of the State of Qatar in the US Donate to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
IRVINE, Calif. - The Orange County Soccer Club Community Foundation, with the help of a grant from The Embassy of the State of Qatar in the United States, has made a $15,000 donation to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County to provide relief for residents experiencing food insecurity in Orange County as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We are thrilled to be working with The Embassy of the State of Qatar in the United States in their charitable efforts to help local communities in Orange County hit hard by COVID-19. Both organizations believe in the importance of soccer in lifting up communities and providing hope in challenging times," said Jeff Garner, President of Business Operations.
"The current health crisis has impacted people in all aspects of life, and during these challenging times, we must band together to uplift one another," said His Excellency Meshal bin Hamad Al Thani, Ambassador of the State of Qatar to the United States. "The Orange County Soccer Club is working diligently to combat food insecurity in their community, and we are proud to work alongside them to address it and help while we can."
The donation was made to address immediate needs in Orange County during these unprecedented times. The OCSC Community Foundation, The Embassy of the State of Qatar in the United States, and Second Harvest Food Bank are committed to meeting those needs.
"The OCSC Community Foundation was formed to address the needs of underserved Orange County communities with a focus on health and wellness, youth leadership, advancing social change, and community impact. Many families today are in dire need of assistance during this difficult period caused by COVID-19, and we know that Second Harvest is working hard to help families experiencing food insecurity," said OCSC Community Foundation Chief Financial Officer, Lisa Keston.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County is working tirelessly to provide over 500,000 families with weeks' worth of groceries. They are working on the front lines to provide food to their Partner Network who distribute that food to families that need it in more than 350 locations throughout the county.
"As unemployment and the need for food continues to increase, we are very grateful to OCSC Community Foundation and the Embassy of the State of Qatar in the United States for their support in helping us to alleviate hunger in our community," said Harald Herrmann, CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank.
Qatar is the host of the FIFA World Cup 2022, and The Embassy of the State of Qatar in the United States is proud to be working with Orange County's only professional soccer team, OCSC, and the Second Harvest Food Bank to help the local Orange County community.
For more information on the foundation and OCSC Community Foundation events please visit http://www.orangecountysoccer.com/community.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 14, 2020
- Rising to Host Alianza Contigo in Support of the Hispanic Communitythis Friday, September 18 from 8 AM to 4 PM - Phoenix Rising FC
- USL Championship Sets Playoff Dates, Hounds First to Secure Postseason Spot - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- USL Championship Confirms 2020 Postseason Structure - Louisville City FC
- Three Takeaways from #SACvRNO - Sacramento Republic FC
- Orange County Soccer Club Foundation, Embassy of the State of Qatar in the US Donate to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County - Orange County SC
- Switchbacks FC Partner with Levy - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Alejandro Guido Scores in Each Half to Help SD Loyal to 2-0 Win vs. Orange County SC - San Diego Loyal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC
- Daniel Finlayson Transferred to St Mirren FC
- OCSC Face LA Galaxy II in Pivotal Match
- Orange County Face Phoenix Rising for Crucial Match