Oilers Sign A Trio - Arsene Won Two Calder Cups In Hershey
General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with goaltender Devan Dubnyk, defenseman Dean Arsene and 2009 NHL Entry Draft choice Toni Rajala.
Dubnyk, 23, agreed to a one-year contract with the Oilers.
Edmonton's first-round pick, 14th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft has played the past two seasons with the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, tallying a 27-58-2 record, 3.02 goals against average and a .905 save percentage.
Last season, he was named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week in mid-November and went on to set the Falcons franchise record for most games played in a single season by appearing between the pipes in 62 contests.
The 6'5", 182-pound Calgary native played five seasons with the WHL's Kamloops Blazers before making his pro debut with the ECHL's Stockton Thunder in 2006-07.
Arsene, who turns 29 on Monday, spent the previous six seasons with the AHL's Hershey Bears, helping lead the Bears to Calder Cup Championships in 2005-06 and 2008-09.
In 267 career games with Hershey, he totaled seven goals and 36 assists for 43 points and 674 penalty minutes.
The 6'2", 210-pound native of Abbotsford, B.C. made his AHL debut with the Hartford Wolf Pack during the 2002-03 season.
Rajala, 18, signed a three-year entry level contract with the Oilers after being drafted by the club in the fourth round, 101st overall, at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The 5'10", 163-pound right winger from Parkano, Finland, played 21 games with Ilves Tampere of the Finnish Elite League last season, recording two goals and three assists for five points.
Rajala has donned the Finnish jersey in three international tournaments, including the 2009 World Junior Hockey Championship and the 2009 World Under-18 Hockey Championship, where he was named the tournament's best forward with 10 goals and nine assists in six games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2009
- Sharks Re-Sign Five Players - Worcester Sharks
- Lightning Re-Sign One of Admirals Top Scorers - Norfolk Admirals
- Amerks Bring Back Veteran Center Chris Taylor - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Sign A Trio - Arsene Won Two Calder Cups In Hershey - Springfield Falcons
- McCambridge Named New Moose Assistant Coach - Manitoba Moose
- Oilers Ink Trio - AHL
- Phantom Players to Appear at Civic Center for Select-A-Seat Day - Adirondack Phantoms
- Blackhawks Sign Mark Cullen - Rockford IceHogs
- Olvecky Signs with Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- River Rats Let Fans "Flex" Muscles - Albany River Rats
- Amerks.com Visits With Dane Jackson - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.