OHL Academic Spotlight - Stuart Rolofs
The London Knights are proud to partner with Teachers Life and the Ontario Hockey League for the Academic Spotlight Series. Our first spotlight in the series highlighted fourth year forward, Billy Moskal. For the next part of this series we recognize rookie forward Stuart Rolofs.
Stuart came to the Knights in the summer of 2019 after being selected by the team with their first round pick in that spring's OHL draft. As a 16 year old Stuart made the move from the Capital region to London where he quickly adapted to a new team, city and school. He began classes at Blyth Academy alongside his high school teammates and adjusted right away. Within a few months Stuart was recognized by the OHL as December's Mid-West Academic Player of the Month.
"Stuart is a dedicated and ambitious student who maintains strong relationships with both his peers and teachers," - Trish Hurley, the Knights' Academic Advisor.
"My first year at Blyth Academy was great. The small class sizes gave me more opportunity for 1 on 1 time with my teachers. The staff was very understanding of the fact that balancing hockey and school in the OHL is not always easy and gave me the support I needed to succeed in both." - Stuart Rolofs
"Teachers Life are proud sponsors of the OHL's Academic Spotlight Program," says Doug Baker, President and CEO of Teachers Life. "The dedication of the OHL's student-athletes to their education mirrors Teachers Life's commitment to students and educators across the province. By celebrating these athletes, they become role models to kids in their communities through their dedication to academic excellence, integrity and curiosity."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2020
- Connor Lockhart Named Midwest Division's Academic Player of the Month - Erie Otters
- Teachers Life Academic Spotlight: Ethan Del Mastro - Mississauga Steelheads
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Chad Buchner as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for November - OHL
- Firebirds' Hayes Named OHL West Division 'Academic Player of the Month' - Flint Firebirds
- OHL Academic Spotlight - Stuart Rolofs - London Knights
- Sportsnet's Sam Cosentino to Headline Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway, Week 11 - Peterborough Petes
- Detailed Focus: How Four Frontenacs Have Improved this Offseason - Kingston Frontenacs
- Pinelli Announced as FACS Community Champion - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.