Oak Park Ice Arena Moves on to Second Round of Voting in Light Like the Pros Contest
Stockton, Calif. - Oak Park Ice Arena is one of the TOP 10 FINALISTS and has moved on to the second round of voting in the Light Like the Pros contest! The beloved community recreational facility and the home to local youth hockey and figure skating programs has the chance to win a new LED Lighting System valued at over $50,000.
We are in need of your daily votes once again! Join us in voting once per day for Oak Park Ice Arena by visiting LightLikethePros.com. The voting ballots have been reset back to zero, and second round voting begins now through March 2.
With your help, Oak Park Ice Arena is looking to be one of the top four rinks in this current round of voting, which would allow them to advance to the final round from March 5-18. The winner will be announced on March 20, and installation of the lighting system will take place this summer.
Light Like the Pros is an initiative from the American Hockey League and power management company Eaton, that awards a community hockey rink a brand-new LED lighting system. This professional lighting system would be vital to this community hub - enhancing youth programs, growing recreational activities, and reducing energy and economic costs. As the official practice facility of the Stockton Heat, Oak Park Ice Arena would greatly benefit from this better quality, NHL-style light.
Oak Park Ice Arena opened in Stockton in 1970 and currently offers youth and adult hockey, Learn to Skate, and Try Skating for Free, and other figure skating programs, along with public skate sessions. The arena also hosts the Stockton Colts hockey club, a competitive travel youth hockey program for a wide range of ages.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2018
- Amerks Release Defenseman Conor Allen - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- Ozzy Osbourne Announces "No More Tours 2" to Kick off in Allentown on August 30 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Return to the Van for Three Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Release Goaltender Mitch Gillam from PTO - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Michael Bournival to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Annual Season Ticket Members Skate Slated for Tuesday, February 13 at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Live Condor Returns on Friday - Bakersfield Condors
- Weekly: Penguins Establish Eight-Game Home Win Streak, Now Hit the Road for Four in a Row - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Oak Park Ice Arena Moves on to Second Round of Voting in Light Like the Pros Contest - Stockton Heat
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- F Steven Swavely, F Alex Krushelnyski Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 18 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Poison, Cheap Trick and Pop Evil Join Forces for U.S. Summer Tour, Coming to PPL Center on June 24 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Comets Sign Tony Cameranesi to PTO, Release David Dziurzynski - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Heat Stories
- Rychel's Hat Trick Propels Comeback Effort But San Jose Holds on for 6-4 Win
- Heat Celebrate Latino Heritage Day by Hosting San Jose at 6PM
- Graovac's OT Winner Gives Heat First Win of the Season
- Heat in Ontario to Take on the Reign at 7PM Tonight
- Rychel Scores First Goal of the Season and Foo, Quine & Klimchuk Record Multi-Point Efforts During Opening Weekend