New York City FC and the YES Network Debut "NYCFC - Home For The City" Special this Friday, May 1 on YES
NEW YORK, N.Y. - New York City FC and the YES Network, its exclusive regional television partner, are joining forces to create a television special entitled NYCFC - Home for the City which will premiere on Friday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m. on YES. The show will include interviews, features and other exclusive content about NYCFC.
The special will be hosted by YES' NYCFC analyst, Ian Joy, while his NYCFC play-by-play partner, Joe Tolleson, and Joy's fellow NYCFC analyst, Janusz Michallik, will also make appearances.
Among the highlights of the show:
Interviews with NYCFC Head Coach Ronny Deila and NYCFC midfielder James Sands
A special musical performance from newly signed defender Gudmundur ThÃ³rarinsson, who will talk about the song he recently released to provide hope to all those struggling during the COVID-19 crisis
Messages from team members including goalkeepers Sean Johnson and Brad Stuver, defender Sebastien Ibeagha and midfielder Keaton Parks to fans regarding the current state of affairs, urging people to continue to stay home and thanking the frontline workers
A roundtable conversation with Joy, Michallik and Tolleson
A social media mailbag with YES' broadcast team answering questions sent in by fans
"NYCFC - Home for the City is a show that gives fans inside access to the Club like never before," said Joy. "The fans asked, and we at YES are providing. As a soccer fan, I want to hear from coaches and players, to get to know them and what they are like off the field. We do that on this show. What goes on behind-the-scenes at an MLS team is of great interest, and we are giving fans what they want."
NYCFC - Home for the City is YES' latest NYCFC content offering meant to keep fans engaged during the MLS season suspension. The network is airing special encore presentations of its NYCFC game telecasts and has interviewed NYCFC players as part of its television and digital programming since March, including NYCFC's homegrown signing James Sands, Libyan international Ismael Tajouri-Shradi, Scottish winger Gary Mackay-Steven, and 2019 NYCFC Community MVP recipient Brad Stuver.
Fans can visit YES' YouTube channel for more NYCFC and other programming.
Additionally, NYCFC's "Stay Healthy. Stay Home" initiative featuring up-to-date health and community information, resources for supporters and fun for the whole family can be accessed on the Club's website.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 27, 2020
- Grant Cycles Continue for Seattle Sounders FC Relief Fund - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC and the LAFC Sports Foundation Launch Black & Gold Community Fund - Los Angeles FC
- Houston Dynamo Empowering Families to Improve Soccer Skills and Fitness from Home: This Week in MLS - MLS
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Second Match in Franchise History: Dallas Burn vs Kansas City Wiz from 4/18/96 - FC Dallas
- This Week in Orlando City History: April 27th-May 3rd - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC and the YES Network Debut "NYCFC - Home For The City" Special this Friday, May 1 on YES - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City Soccer Initiative Unveils New 2020 Mini-Soccer Pitches with Virtual Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
- Notes & Quotes: Columbus Crew SC 3 - 1 New York City FC
- Notes & Quotes: Orlando City SC 1 - 1 New York City FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 2 New England Revolution
- Alexandru Mitrita Joins Al-Ahli on Loan Until 2022