New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign
New York City Football Club (NYCFC) and Heineken® are proud to announce a multiyear partnership renewal. The partnership extension will see Heineken, NYCFC Founding Partner and official beer of Major League Soccer (MLS), launch two new exclusive experiences for fans and NYCFC Pub Partners just in time for the playoff season. As NYCFC continues to play matches behind-closed-doors due to COVID-19, Heineken is bringing people together around soccer in responsible and innovative ways to ensure fans stay close to the Club they love.
As the NYCFC First Team gears up for the 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs, Heineken is rallying New Yorkers in all five boroughs for NYCFC's fifth straight playoff appearance with two new activations:
'Catching up with the Coaches presented by Heineken 0.0' will allow City Members one-on-one access with NYCFC First Team coaches as they explain the extensive preparation and analyses that take place leading into match day. To find out more information and to join a future virtual event, click here.
Heineken, Founding Partner of the NYCFC Pub Partner Program, will also provide exclusive limited-edition Heineken scarves to six local Pub Partner across New York City bars in an effort to support local businesses during this pandemic. The first 75 fans at each location to make a Heineken purchase will receive the exclusive scarf. Be sure to use the hashtag, #NYCFCxHeineken when visiting Participating Pub Partners:
Central Bar, 109 E 9th St
Beckett's, 81 Pearl St
Carraghers, 228 W 28th St
McHale's, 251 W 51st St
Yankee Tavern, 72 E 161st St
Vega Alta Sports Bar, 880 Gerard Ave
This partnership renewal builds on Heineken's commitment to the global game of soccer. NYCFC and Heineken will continue to elevate the brand's presence at marquee NYCFC events including the annual Awards Night, Homecoming, NYCFC After Dark, seasonal match days and more.
Quinn Kilbury, Head of Partnerships and Consumer Experience, HEINEKEN USA, said:
"As a proud founding partner of NYCFC, Heineken® is thrilled to be renewing our partnership with the club.
"As a long-standing supporter of The Beautiful Game in the US and beyond, Heineken® is committed to bringing premium experiences to NYCFC fans on and off the field. From our Stadium in a Box campaign to Catching up with the Coaches, whether cheering from inside the stadium or at home, we look forward to being by the fan's side for the next season and seasons to come."
Brad Sims, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of New York City FC, said:
"We are thrilled about our partnership renewal with our Heineken teammates who continue to champion the game of soccer here in NYC, the United States and across the globe.
"Together, we share the goal to elevate the game and provide money-can't-buy opportunities and experiences to our loyal fans. Despite the challenges that have come along with COVID-19, we have been able to collaborate and evolve this partnership to ensure we achieve our goals and deliver for our fans."
Heineken has continued to show up for NYCFC fans this season, including the "Stadium in a Box" promotion which provided two lucky NYCFC fans with pitchside seats and discounts when purchasing the Heineken products to replicate the feel of in-person matches.
In support of responsible drinking, Heineken will continue match day Designated Driver programming, and will enhance the 'Man of the Match' presentation at NYCFC home matches.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2020
- Antonio Carlos & Robin Jansson: the Unsung Heroes at the Back - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Issues Statement on Three Positive COVID-19 Cases - Los Angeles FC
- Will Home Form Hold for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs? - MLS Play-In Round and Round One News & Notes - MLS
- Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Releases Additional 1,500 Tickets for Inaugural Audi MLS Cup Playoff Match - Nashville SC
- International Duty: Pizarro Featured for Mexico, May Rejoin Club for Playoff Match - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Unveils Club's First-Ever Primary Jersey - Austin FC
- LAFC Introduces Stacy Johns as New Chief Financial Officer - Los Angeles FC
- David Beckham Joins EA Sports FIFA 21 as Ambassador and Icon - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Acquires Up to $600,000 General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati for Ronald Matarrita
- New York City FCÂ AcquiresÂ Up to $1.25M in General Allocation MoneyÂ from Austin FC ForÂ Alex Ring
- New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 CONCACAF Champions League
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties