Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge
With only two days until the first postseason match in the history of the Club, manager Diego Alonso appeared in front of media to examine Inter Miami's historic upcoming matchup with Nashville SC.
"It's a big challenge for us, we feel very happy to be in the playoffs. We've worked very hard for a long period of time to be able to get here and I think we have a big opportunity to continue fighting for our dreams," said Alonso before sharing his analysis of Inter Miami's opponent for the historic postseason match.
"Nashville is a team with really good characteristics, defending well well from the start of the season and then adding a lot of positive play with the ball," added the Uruguayan strategist. "I think they're a dangerous team and we should be alert to their abilities, such as the counterattack and set pieces."
On his part, midfielder Wil Trapp appeared ambitious ahead of Inter Miami's first playoff match and also analyzed the opponent.
"Being an expansion team and stepping into the playoffs, I think we're certainly excited to be here to start with," he declared. "It's a playoff game, there's always pressure. I think you have to understand that we want to win. We want to step on the field knowing that it won't be easy but knowing that we can win. That's certainly a rallying point for us."
"[Nashville] have shown all year that they're a very organized opponent. Their collective defending is probably one of their greatest strengths. I think for us, it's really about understanding what the weaknesses are within that structure and how we can hurt them and score goals. Ultimately, it's going to take a lot of work, a lot of effort from all of us," added Trapp.
Trapp closed by speaking about the team's preparation over the last two weeks to be at full strength to face Nashville.
"We've just tried to highlight what they tend to do on both sides of the ball and how we can counteract that, as well as assert our own style within that. The preparation has been good, we've been focused, we've worked hard, and ultimately now we just want to play the game," concluded Trapp.
Catch Inter Miami's historic first postseason match this Friday, Nov. 20, when the team visits Nashville SC at Nissan Stadium for the matchup at 9 p.m. ET. The match will be nationally televised on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes, and fans can listen to the match on Spanish radio via Univision Miami's WQBA 1140 AM and the Uforia App. Fans worldwide can also tune in to live commentary on the Club's App. Download and Register your Profile here: https://www.intermiamicf.com/en/club/app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2020
- Antonio Carlos & Robin Jansson: the Unsung Heroes at the Back - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Issues Statement on Three Positive COVID-19 Cases - Los Angeles FC
- Will Home Form Hold for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs? - MLS Play-In Round and Round One News & Notes - MLS
- Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Releases Additional 1,500 Tickets for Inaugural Audi MLS Cup Playoff Match - Nashville SC
- International Duty: Pizarro Featured for Mexico, May Rejoin Club for Playoff Match - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Unveils Club's First-Ever Primary Jersey - Austin FC
- LAFC Introduces Stacy Johns as New Chief Financial Officer - Los Angeles FC
- David Beckham Joins EA Sports FIFA 21 as Ambassador and Icon - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Co-Owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham Welcome Phil Neville and Chris Henderson
- Phil Neville: "One Thing That Really Excites Me Is to Prove People WrongÃ¢ÂÂ
- Inter Miami CF Receives 2022 SuperDraft Second Round Pick from Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Penn, Mabika and Hafferty in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday