New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
UNCASVILLE, CT. - In the 2020 NLL Entry Draft, held virtually for the first time in history, the New England Black Wolves traded their second round picks (18th & 33rd overall) to the Colorado Mammoth for Jacob Ruest and the 24th overall selection. With the 24th pick, the Black Wolves drafted Charlie Kitchen.
"We've had our eye on Jacob for a while but were not able to get a deal done," general manager and head coach Glenn Clark said. "We're really excited to add Jacob to our lineup. He plays the type of game that will fit well with our offense."
Ruest, originally selected in the fourth round (35th overall) in the 2015 NLL Entry Draft from Robert Morris University, joins the Black Wolves after spending four seasons with the Mammoth.
During his time with Colorado the right-handed forward saw action in 67 games, scored 73 goals and tallied 115 assists for a career 188 points. Of those goals and assists, 10 of them have been power play goals, 18 power play assists and one a shorthanded goal.
Kitchen, a Delaware University graduate, is one of many draftees who will be returning to collegiate play in the spring of 2021 to broaden his studies with a fifth year of eligibility granted by the NCAA due to COVID-19.
Over his three and a quarter year as a Blue Hen, the 6'4" attackman tallied a total of 184 points on 118 goals and 66 assists.
A Marlton, N.J. native, Kitchen is decorated with a Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) All-Rookie Team honor, two first team All-CAA selections, a CAA Offensive Player of the Year nod and multiple CAA Player of the Week awards.
During the 2019 Ontario Jr. A Lacrosse League season, Kitchen was a member of the Toronto Beaches and played under coach Clark. He saw action in 17 games, recorded 20 goals, one power play goal and two shorthanded goals, and tallied 21 assists. His 41 total points ranked him fifth on the team.
The Black Wolves also have selections 41, 66, 80 and 93. Tickets for the 2020-21 season are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting blackwolves.com or calling 844-LAX-WOLF.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 17, 2020
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth - New England Black Wolves
- New York Riptide Select Cornell's Jeff Teat with First Overall Pick in 2020 NLL Draft - New York Riptide
- Warriors Select Reid Bowering with the 2nd Overall Selection in 2020 NLL Draft - Vancouver Warriors
- Warriors Trade for 2nd Overall Selection in 2020 NLL Draft - Vancouver Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Kew Extends Contract with New England
- Glenn Clark Receives Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence AwardÃ¢ÂÂ
- Black Wolves Acquire Two, Re-Sign Brown
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth