National Basketball Referees Association and NBA G League Approve Three-Year Collective Bargaining Agreement
October 30, 2019 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK - The National Basketball Referees Association (NBRA) and the NBA G League today announced the ratification of a new collective bargaining agreement. The three-year agreement begins with the 2019-20 season, which tips off Nov. 8.
"We're proud of the performance and skill level displayed by our NBA G League officials and are pleased to reach this agreement with the National Basketball Referees Association," said Shareef Abdur-Rahim, President, NBA G League. "NBA G League referees represent a rich pipeline of talent, and we're eager to begin this new term with them."
"The G League referees unionized with the NBRA just shy of three years ago, and, with ratification of this second CBA since unionizing, have secured increased compensation, benefits and quality-of-life improvements, which rewards the professionalism of all G League referees as they continue their journey toward officiating the highest level of basketball in the world," said Lucas Middlebrook, partner at Seham, Seham, Meltz & Petersen, LLP and lead counsel representing the NBRA during these negotiations.
Per league policy, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 30, 2019
- Vipers to Host Los Laguneros for Preseason Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Lakeland Magic Partners with CPS Investment Advisors and Peace River Center on Mental Health Awareness Night - Lakeland Magic
- Spurs Assign Luka Samanic and Keldon Johnson to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle's '10 Days to Tip-Off' Presented by Renasant Bank Begins on Tuesday, October 29 - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Announce 2019-20 Coaching and Basketball Operations Staff - Iowa Wolves
- National Basketball Referees Association and NBA G League Approve Three-Year Collective Bargaining Agreement - G League
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Coaching Staff for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.