Mudbugs Open 2018-2019 Season with Win
The Shreveport Mudbugs (1-0) opened up the 2018-2019 season with a resounding 4-1 victory over their playoff rival Corpus Christi Ice Rays, 4-1 Thursday night at Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Shreveport responded just twenty seconds after giving up the game's first goal by scoring one of their own. Warren Natyshak fired home his first tally of the year assisted by Jack Johnson and Mark Capkovic at 6:19 evening the score at 1. Both teams traded great chances, but stayed tied at 1 after one period of play.
The Bugs worked hard in the 2nd period and CJ McGee was able to score his first to break a 1-1 tie at 5:21 assisted by Jay Feiwell giving Shreveport a 2-1 edge.
The defending Robertson Cup Champs broke it open in the 3rd period when Warren Natyshak blazed into the offensive zone and threw it on net and Anton Rubstov knocked it in for his first tally of the season extending the Bugs lead to 3-1 at 1:41. Shreveport then slapped the icing on the cake when Dakota Concannon slipped in his first tally against his former team at 10:53 assisted by Jay Feiwell and Carson Nichols.
Leo Chuard grabbed the win in net making 35 stops on the night.
The Mudbugs and Ice Rays will conclude their season opening two-game set this Saturday night at Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11pm. ?
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2018
- Tomahawks Capture Close 3-2 Win over Knights - Johnstown Tomahawks
- 2018-2019 Season Preview - Minnesota Magicians
- Pilots Soar Past The Jackalopes for Opening Night - Topeka Pilots
- Jacks Fall to Pilots 7-6 in Shootout - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceRays Fall 4-1 in Opener at Shreveport - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Open 2018-2019 Season with Win - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.