Mother's Day with the Mariners
Virginia Beach, VA- The Virginia Beach Mariners will host Montreal Impact at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex on Sunday May 14th at 7:30 p.m. Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
Montreal Impact, currently 1-0-1 for the 2006 season, was both the 2004 and 2005 USL First Division Champions. They set a club record in 2005 for 15 consecutive games played without a loss, winning 9 consecutive road games. Montreal Impact, one of the most popular teams in the USL First Division continuously sets home game attendance records attracting 150,000 fans last season.
Losing both of their 2005 season games against the Montreal Impact, the Virginia Beach Mariners and their "We got a new attitude" are anxious to see what this season will bring. The Mariners will play Sunday's game, the first of 4 games played against Montreal Impact, with a 2-1-0 record this season.
"We are excited to welcome Montreal Impact to the Sportsplex. It is no doubt that Montreal is a strong team with a remarkable record, however, we are confident Sunday's game will showcase some intense competition," stated Mike McCann, Managing Team Director.
The Virginia Beach Mariners will recognize 'soccer moms' for Mother's Day with a chance to win numerous prizes including a 2 karat diamond tennis bracelet from Boulevard Jewelers.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from May 12, 2006
- Timbers lose close match in Miami - Portland Timbers
- Thunder heads Northwest in search of points - Minnesota Thunder
- Mother's Day with the Mariners - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Battery hosts Montreal Saturday night at Blackbaud Stadium - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week