Mori Receives League Honors
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals' John Mori was named IHL Rookie of the Week for the week seventeen of the 2009-10 International Hockey League season.
In two games against Bloomington and Dayton, Mori tallied 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points and was a +2 in each game. His 4 points put him in second on the Generals in points with 30 (trails only Jamie Schaafsma's 32 points) and tie him for second in goals with 15.
He began his week in Bloomington scoring an unassisted shorthanded goal in the third period. This goal spurred a Generals comeback, scoring 4 goals in the final period which saw them come from a 6-1 deficit to a loss by a final score of 5-7. Mori assisted on the fifth Generals goal scored by Jake Pence, giving him two points for the night.
Friday in Dayton, he picked up right where he left off, assisting on Bryan Smolinski's tying goal in the first period. The game was tied 1-1 until 9:00 minutes into the third when Mori scored his second shorthanded goal of the week (fourth overall). The goal proved to be the game winner.
Mori now leads the league in shorthanded goals with a total of 4, is third among rookies in goals, and leads the team and league rookies in shots with 167.
The Generals return to the ice Friday, February 12th when they travel to McMorran Arena to take on the IceHawks in the first of three meetings this week. The 'Hawks will make the trek to Perani Arena Saturday, with the series wrapping up Sunday in Port Huron for a 5:00 PM contest.
Tickets for Saturday's game are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals Office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website at www.flintgenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from February 8, 2010
- Komets Welcome Thunder For Wild Wednesday; Future Stars Of IHL Game Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mori Receives League Honors - Flint Generals
- MacDonald Earns IHL Honor - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallard Jones' Named IHL Goaltender Of The Week - Quad City Mallards
- IHL Announces Weekly Honors For Week Seventeen - IHL 2
- Home Sweet Home - IHL 2
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals